Air/ water Lump on chest

Sujun

Chirping
May 24, 2020
Hi everyone,
I need some help.
1 of my pullet seem very quiet and sit all day. 8 weeks old.
I checked her this morning. I turned her Upside down to check her behind and she liquid came out from her mouth. Then i checked her chest and noticed her chest has a sort air/water lump. I massage it with her head pointed down to the ground. Some more liquid came out.

Thanks

B7600AA5-F267-4DCE-9241-60AEB2914860.jpeg
58BB66FF-EEA4-4E27-A0E4-44BAAC7756D6.jpeg

Where are you located? Since she is 8 weeks old, she is at the age that coccidiosis can strike. I don’t know if that is her problem or if she was sitting around lethargic for some other reason. A chick with coccidiosis can have a full and puffy crop. Corid (amprollium) can treat coccidiosis. Does she have diarrhea? When you turn a chicken upside down or press on their crop, it can be normal for them to vomit. Did the crop contents smell sour or rotten? I do not recommend turning her upside down or massaging her crop, since she could choke to death.

Where are you located? Since she is 8 weeks old, she is at the age that coccidiosis can strike. I don’t know if that is her problem or if she was sitting around lethargic for some other reason. A chick with coccidiosis can have a full and puffy crop. Corid (amprollium) can treat coccidiosis. Does she have diarrhea? When you turn a chicken upside down or press on their crop, it can be normal for them to vomit. Did the crop contents smell sour or rotten? I do not recommend turning her upside down or massaging her crop, since she could choke to death.
California, orange county.

Some of my chickens also have a cool, i think. Sneezing and some fluid come out from their nose.
Is it cause by the same issue or a different disease?
What can i do to treat them for the sneezing and running nose?
i gave them some fresh garlic and add apple-cider vinegar in their water.

Thanks

It sounds like you may have a respiratory disease in some of your chickens. It could be from a virus or bacteria. Infectious bronchitis is one that could cause sneezing and clear nasal drainage. MG could cause those, plus bubbles or foam in an eye, and swelling around an eye. Coryza and ILT are other diseases. Here is a list of those diseases with symptoms:
https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044
If you lose a chicken, you can get a necrospy through one of 4 locations of UCDavis to find a diagnosis. Most antibiotics are only available through a vet, or sometimes from pigeon supplier. Antibiotics, such as Tylosin might help treat symptoms of MG or coryza.

Back
Top Bottom