~~AKC Yellow/Red fox Lab puppies F/S ~~SHE HAD THEM TODAY~~ Pa

My friend who used to raise rottweilers always used a kids wading pool as the welping box so there were no corners for a pup to get wedged in a squished.

By the way ....very pretty dogs. I like the red one.

Last edited:
Ya its scary I lost 3 of the six pups!! One was still born and the other 2 she layed on in the whelping box! She is a first time mom and inexperienced just watch them closely hear are the boys I have!
qk.jpg

Katy and Buster, yes ive seen that on the web about using them. We have 3-1/2 ft one but i think id rather use a 5ft wide one.
It will give more room. Thanks to for suggesting it at least i know someone else is or have used these..

the vet siad i can put a heating pad in under the blankets at one end to keep the pups warm if need be or he said to use a heating lamp over the one side.. I also read something about us putting card board around the side of it to for more privacey, but not sure if we'd need to do that??

Any advice is good..it will help in the end..

Holly smokes are they cutties....Look like little grizzly bears...So sorry to here of the loss, now im scared???

Charlie

Last edited:
My heeler was only a year old when she had her first litter. Laid on all of them and smothered them. We even revived some and she did it again. I took the last one away and drowned it trying to bottle feed it. We were horrified. She was just really young and stressed. We should have waited another year. The next two litters she's had she's been super mom. No problems at all and would die for those pups. Which reminds me...I better call the power company and let them know she is in the shop where the meter box is. Wouldn't want them to walk in on that!

We have 3 female labs.. a yellow, a chocolate, and a black. We have had 5 very sucessful litter total. We used a wading pool as a whelping box (it was kept in the living room!) I am sure your girl will do just fine. It takes them a bit to know and understand what is happening at first but you will know after the first litter what kind of mom she will be. Our yellow was a great mom, however, our black did not do as well. Good luck and can't wait to see pics!!

Buster wow lost the whole litter first time around that must have been sad for you all..sorry to here that..
....Im going to make what they call a pigrail for inside the pool.
Gonna get one of those long foam things they play with in pools and fasten it to the inside bottom egde of the pool which is suppose to stop them from crushing pups up against the sides of the whelping box, However maybe it wouldnt be need as the pool is round and not square like a standard whelping box.....which Katy you said that, so maybe i wont need to put one in..

Sara, im sure we can help you out with one..
bun.gif

Nuggetsowner:) thanks..im hoping your right and it all goes well..Youve been through it a couple of times..

Charlie

Last edited:
Sounds like you are thinking ahead and trying to be prepared Charlie. I think you will be just fine. I gotta quit looking at your dogs on the first page. It's making me want one, and I am POSITIVE that DW would kill me for that.

Back
Top Bottom