ALABAMA!!

All but one of my pens have turned into mud holes.
sickbyc.gif
I feel your pain.

Glad your all ok. We have to use a john boat to get to the chickens and turkey to feed up!

Is anyone interested in some turkey poults? I have some BR and Sweetgrass hatched 15 each.
I am NPIP and AI/PT tested and clean.

My dear husband has been working in our driveway.. he put a storm shelter in last spring and some other alterations. My neighbors added one of those carport things as well. Long story short, ALL the water from the carport runs into my chicken area and what used to flow spread out over our driveway is now simply a river.

I purposely built the coop at the high end of the yard (we have a several foot difference between front and backyard) but right now that matters none. It doesn't help that the run has eroded from the chickens endless scratching
roll.png

Dear husband is talking about putting drainage pipe down so the water flows past the coop, but his plans usually don't become reality as fast as I'd like them to. It's really, really bad. The smell is...
sickbyc.gif

Long term: drainage to channel the water away, put landscape timbers around the edges of the run.. fill up with gravel/sand to level out again. May end up enclosing the coop a bit more. It's a fairly open design right now. Maybe I'll get a little crazy and fill the floor with concrete. Ofcourse that would leave the birds to sleep elsewhere for 24-48 hours.

Short term? Uh.. just complain a bunch I guess
lol.png
Don't think there's much else we can do.

Back
Top Bottom