ALABAMA!!

North Alabama around Athens. Well when I moved I had to leave behind all my babies. I didn't want to take a chance n lose them all. It was a 3 n a half hour drive. Cold n wet. So I'm having to start all over.

I hate to tell you this, but chickens travel very well. I show them and have hauled them from Alabama to Columbus, Ohio several times. That is a 10 to 12 hour drive, one way. They sit down as long as the vehicle is moving and don't seem to be stressed at all. Maybe you could get yours back?

I'm from Gallant, Ala. Just outside of Gadsden, Ala. By the way War Eagle.

Welcome! Roll Tide!

I love the cedar shakes on the floor. Bugs don't like the smell and the chickens love to bathe in the dust they make. I am new to this so I hope it doesn't kill them!!!

Joy

Welcome, Joy! Actually, the chemical responsible for making cedar smell so nice is actually toxic. That is the reason it repels insects. I would use pine shavings, instead. They are available at Tractor Supply and other retailers. If you have any questions or need any advice, just ask, we are a helpful bunch here.

Last edited:
Oh poop, I knew it was too good to be true. I guess tomorrow I will clean out the coop and the run and go to Tractor Supply and get Pine shavings. Do you know if bugs like the pine or not?
barnie.gif

No can't get them back. It was cold n raining n didn't want to take a chance n lose them. Had to much money in them. In time I will get more unless someone has some that they want to share.

Back
Top Bottom