ALABAMA!!

I don't have any extra chickens but I am sorry that you lost one of yours. I have two and I let them out every afternoon and stay outside with them. When I lose sight of one of mine I get worried and go make it come back to her sister. I moved their coop today and tonight one of them couldn't figure out where the door was. I had to herd her like she was a cow. What do you think got your chicken?

I don't have any extra chickens but I am sorry that you lost one of yours. I have two and I let them out every afternoon and stay outside with them. When I lose sight of one of mine I get worried and go make it come back to her sister.  I moved their coop today and tonight one of them couldn't figure out where the door was. I had to herd her like she was a cow. What do you think got your chicken?

I'm not sure something did get my Silkie. He just disappeared, not to be found anywhere. We walked our whole 10 acres last night and today looking for him and calling out his name. He & Stella were two peas in a pod and never left one another's side, so it's just crazy that he escaped without her. They don't ever free range unless I'm outside with them, they were in their pen and he must've slipped through a corner.

Last edited:
My pair free range all day and report in when the street lights come on.

Our own dogs keep most wild animals away. I do believe i have a egg eating snake around. He'll be a dead one when i find him

If something didn't get him maybe he will come back. My chickens stay together all the time too. They have two nests but only use one. If you have gaps in your pen buy some bird netting and stuff in the places. I have had 4 snakes this year in my yard and the way to trap them is to use bird netting. They get caught in it and can't get away. I know people say you shouldn't kill them because they eat rats but these ate my birds and bird eggs. I can't have a bird nest without a snake robbing them. What is strange is that all four snakes came to the same spot after I would kill one another would show up. It happened four times . Everytime I go outside I check the spot out. It is next to my back porch. I hope your chicken comes back. You didn't see any feathers anywhere? Do you have hawks nearby? We do and that is why I sit outside when I let my chickens out.

Stuff bird netting in places where the snake can get in. That will stop the snake, I promise you. I have caught them when I wrap the post where my bluebird house is . I caught two that way and four that were in my yard. One came after another like they were hunting the other snakes. So far they haven't bothered my chickens. There coop and run have hardware cloth and then in any openings I stuff bird netting. I hate those snakes, they get so big. A lot of people on here say they found their chickens strangled by the snakes. One woman managed to get the snake loose but I could not have touched it in a million years. Let me know if you catch a snake this way.

Stuff bird netting in places where the snake can get in. That will stop the snake, I promise you. I have caught them when I wrap the post where my bluebird house is . I caught two that way and four that were in my yard. One came after another like they were hunting the other snakes. So far they haven't bothered my chickens. There coop and run have hardware cloth and then in any openings I stuff bird netting. I hate those snakes, they get so big. A lot of people on here say they found their chickens strangled by the snakes. One woman managed to get the snake loose but I could not have touched it in a million years. Let me know if you catch a snake this way.

I don't mind touching a snake. I am the master with a piece of bamboo cane. It is my preferred weapon when a .45 is overkill ;)

Back
Top Bottom