ALABAMA!!

Just in case any of you are thinking of going to the Clay County auction tomorrow- I plan to take some lovely muscovies, a game hen with some pure lavender orpington babies (my lavender orpington stock was hatched from eggs that I bought from a lady with pure 5th generation stock bought directly from Hinkjc farm), possibly 1/2 dozen lavender orpington eggs, a breeding turken pair, a few young birds that are a cross between a white turken rooster and wheaten marans hens-crossed with the goal of producing a bird that lays a darker egg like the marans but is a more reliable layer like the turkens. Maybe a couple more miscellaneous hens from our layer stock. They are all very nice birds, I am just trying to make room for all of the lavender orpington babies that have hatched recently.

The lavenders are absolutely beautiful. There are some pics of them on my profile page, but they were really young and have filled out beautifully since them, so the pics can't do them justice. I am not taking any adults, but the chicks and eggs should turn out just as lovely!

Just in case any of you are thinking of going to the Clay County auction tomorrow- I plan to take some lovely muscovies, a game hen with some pure lavender orpington babies (my lavender orpington stock was hatched from eggs that I bought from a lady with pure 5th generation stock bought directly from Hinkjc farm), possibly 1/2 dozen lavender orpington eggs, a breeding turken pair, a few young birds that are a cross between a white turken rooster and wheaten marans hens-crossed with the goal of producing a bird that lays a darker egg like the marans but is a more reliable layer like the turkens. Maybe a couple more miscellaneous hens from our layer stock. They are all very nice birds, I am just trying to make room for all of the lavender orpington babies that have hatched recently.

The lavenders are absolutely beautiful. There are some pics of them on my profile page, but they were really young and have filled out beautifully since them, so the pics can't do them justice. I am not taking any adults, but the chicks and eggs should turn out just as lovely!

OH MY!! I want some Lavenders badly
droolin.gif

....., a few young birds that are a cross between a white turken rooster and wheaten marans hens-crossed with the goal of producing a bird that lays a darker egg like the marans but is a more reliable layer like the turkens.
I might like a couple of those, but I live much too far away.

Where are you located? I'm looking to get some more Hubbards (Gold & Brown, or "Golden Comets" & ISA's) I have 4 ISA's/Hubbard Brown but also have 3 NHR cockerels.
I'm in Chambers Co. Just north of Auburn. I hate to give the girls up. They really are spoiled pets, but that darn chicken math has snuck up on me and I am running out of room! lol

Oh gosh, I would LOVE a Lavender Orpington hen! I wish we were going this week, but alas, I have to work. :p That, and I think I want to get a little age on some of these RIR chickies and then sell a few. I am so running out of room! Oh well---the more, the merrier! ;)

Oh and turkens. I would love some turkens. I will talk to DH and see if he is willing to drive for 3 hours to get there but I think it is going to be a no go.
sad.png

I think the only solution is for cukooformarans to do a rolling store tour
jumpy.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom