ALABAMA!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Michael_K, Jan 14, 2008.

1. huntinwidow

huntinwidow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Warrior Alabama
    My Coop

2. mgray

mgray Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2013
    Alabama
    Coosa Valley Milling & Hardware
    30620 Hwy 25 Wilsonville, Al

205-669-6605

They also mill their own chicken feed.

3. Jeanna Marie

Jeanna Marie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2013
    Brooksville, Alabama
    [​IMG]

Finally got my fuzzies today. They seem happy and content. The smallest one is the loudest and most active. They are so curious about thier new home. How long before the can have toys and what are the best ones?

4. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    [​IMG] Aw! I wish my ducks would hurry up and hatch. I'm in lockdown right now, but they aren't due until tomorrow.

5. Tomtommom

Tomtommom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2013
    Montevallo, AL
    Awesome, I bet that's the same one I passed by a few weeks ago when I came back from Heflin. Funny, I told my fiance 'Next time we need to check that place out, I bet they have chicks and feed.' Next time never came, ofcourse.. [​IMG]

I got my birdies from the Tractor Supply here in Montevallo.

6. Tomtommom

Tomtommom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2013
    Montevallo, AL
    Aww, congrats.

They can have a small stick or something similar to hop on. They figure that out within days.

Ofcourse, there's the fun game of 'kick shavings in the waterbowl, right after it's been changed' which is a variant on 'poop in the water'. Another favorite is 'flip the plate over', that one stays fun, even as older birds. You just take a small plate, bowl or lid and put some treats on it, and they will flip it for you, after they have walked through it and pooped on it ;-)

The most fun they have is with eachother. And eating (mine enjoyed small bits of yogurt at one week old, cooked oats and weeds at two weeks, can't give them that stuff until they're big enough to have some grit)

7. Jeanna Marie

Jeanna Marie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2013
    Brooksville, Alabama

Thanks for the great ideas. I did put a couple of small pine branches in there. They figured out shavings in the water first thing. They also seem to enjoy sleeping in the shallow food dish. They are gonna miss it when I put the bigger one in...

8. chickadoodles

chickadoodles Flock Master

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Congrats on your first hatch! [​IMG]

9. chickadoodles

chickadoodles Flock Master

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Congrats on your new babies! Enjoy!

10. acreed

acreed Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2013
    Okay experts, I have a question for you! If I have a hen and roo of the same breed in the same pen with all my other chickens and then decide that I want to separate them from the others to save the eggs to hatch, how long do I need to wait to start gathering her eggs to hatch to ensure that they are fertilized by him and not another roo? Also, if two chickens came from the same hatch, is it bad to breed them together?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by