ALABAMA!!

Thanks, everyone! I think definitely a combination of keeping my daughter at a good distance from the chickens along with watching for any aggression signs in the chickens and culling those will make me feel better.
thumbsup.gif

Sharon,

I'm also in Semmes (just down the road from MGM). Where are y'all buying your feed?

I am in the stages of planning my hen house and run. I'm going to slightly modify the hen house plan by Purina (http://poultry.purinamills.com/stellent/groups/public/documents/web_content/ecmp2-0160674.pdf) and attache a 6' x 4' fun in front of it. My main modification will be to put the nest boxes on the side instead of the front so we can easily get to with the run in front. I think I'll procure our little ladies locally.

Wyld Bill
Semmes, AL
welcome-byc.gif
Your neighbor across the bay...

My momma was moved to the MICU after being intubated last night... She's very ill. They're treating her with the strongest antibiotic available, since they also found staph in her lungs. Apparently it's rough on her heart as well. Not sure if she's gonna make it.

Think I'm gonna go chill with my chickens.
hmm.png

My momma was moved to the MICU after being intubated last night... She's very ill. They're treating her with the strongest antibiotic available, since they also found staph in her lungs. Apparently it's rough on her heart as well. Not sure if she's gonna make it.

hmm.png

I am very sorry to hear that. Our prayers go out to you and your family.

hmm.png

Oh No! That doesn't sound really good. Will her in my prayers.
hugs.gif

Thanks y'all. I find some comfort in talking about it.

Still in a complete daze, it happened so crazy fast.

Now, it's just hurry up and wait.. see how things are going.

hmm.png
Lady, the chickens will help you and a lovely idea....when it comes to Mom's, I wouldn't know what to do either...just can't even bear the thought of it....I hope somehow you find some courage and strength, most of all some peace, as the rest of us are sending you love and prayers for your Mom...
hugs.gif
, Chirp...

So very sorry to hear about your mother Tomtom...my mother is still around, thank goodness, and in good health but we lost my father two years ago and it was very sudden so I know a bit of what you are going through. As children with older parents, in the back of our minds, we all know this day is coming sometime but we are never ready or prepared for it. Here's hoping that your mother pulls through this and is with you for a long time. Go let yourself enjoy some chicken therapy and don't think about anything for a while. I find a glass of white wine helps me relax as well.

Hugs!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom