ALABAMA!!

Thank ya! I'm reading and studying up! Love this site. Hailing from the boonies near Dothan!
smile.png
highfive.gif

Here we are in Wetumpka. We are just getting started with our chicken adventure. My wife and I are both retired, but like to keep active soooo, I'm building a coop. Hopefully we will have it finished in a couple weeks and then get some chickens to put in it. I will put pictures of it when I get a little further along.
welcome-byc.gif
From Montgomery! Depending on what you want to raise, let me know. I might be able to help!

anybody going to Clanton to the Bantam show tomorrow???

troy

Didn't even know there was one
lol.png
I really shouldn't... I need to stay as far away from chickens as possible. I've been having math urges.

In other news, my birds are having an explosive case of the teenage molt... it looks like a chicken exploded in there! One of my production red was the first to go, so she's almost looking decent again, whole patches of new feathers sprouting. Might be a 'he', she's been trying to do a chicken cackle sound... who knows?

Mr. Roo here treated us to his first crowing session today. He did it a few times, not too bad, hope he keeps it down some. I'd like to keep him if at all possible.

Hi everyone, good to see old friends and look forward to meeting new ones.
Wisher, out of ours. 2 survived. One from your eggs and one from mine. Don't ask for I don't know. These two are healthy and looking really good. This early spring has not been good for us. I think MY roos are just plain lazy. We have had several In house issues that have kept me from stopping by
All that rambling from Woodville , Al.

TomTom! How old are your giants? I think ours are roughly the same age. We have 7, 3 clear boys, 3 clear girls, 1 mystery bird we call Culbert. I haven't heard anybody crow yet, so it's exciting to know that's around the corner. :) I met a really nice couple in the local feed store talking about their birds, and they showed me a picture of their blue giant roo, it was inspiring! Such a beautiful bird.

I didn't realize the bantam show was this weekend. I'm provably going to miss it. Which is a bummer.
I could use some tiny chicken therapy. However, my mom is coming into town around noon today, so we won't have time for much this weekend.

Omg wisher1000! I literally just checked my voicemail messages and heard yours from Saturday! I didn't have very good cell service in Moulton, and am so sorry I missed a chance to meet up with everyone!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, good to see old friends and look forward to meeting new ones.
Wisher, out of ours. 2 survived. One from your eggs and one from mine. Don't ask for I don't know. These two are healthy and looking really good. This early spring has not been good for us. I think MY roos are just plain lazy. We have had several In house issues that have kept me from stopping by
All that rambling from Woodville , Al.
Does that mean you need more eggs?

It could, 41 due today, 41 next week.
I am gonna scale down breeds. I have read or heard something about it is not good to have eggs of different breeds incubating at the same time. Y'all know anything bout that?

Back
Top Bottom