ALABAMA!!

What are you hatching, ihavechickens2? Maybe I just have to get my friends with incubators to hatch me some
tongue.png

After a little looking around I want a columbian wyndotte... which ofcourse are a bit rare.
lol.png
They have the brahma look minus the feathered feet. I don't want feathered feet. I would like a fun variety of the other wyndottes as well. Current flock is all white, all red, all black and partridge. Need some sparkle in there!
all mine I am hatching are bantams. they are sizzles( only smooth right now) silkies and cochins. oh and also the barnyard mixes!!
I was thinking about hatching these two offspring, but I wouldn't have room for them. and I don't know what size they would be the hen is a bantam an the roo is standard size!!
here are their pics

all mine I am hatching are bantams. they are sizzles( only smooth right now) silkies and cochins. oh and also the barnyard mixes!!
I was thinking about hatching these two offspring, but I wouldn't have room for them. and I don't know what size they would be the hen is a bantam an the roo is standard size!!
here are their pics

She is a smooth silkie? What were her parents? Can you post pics of them? Curious cause I just hatched a smooth silkie. Dying for her to fill out so I can see what she will look like! Plus interested in breeding smooth silkies.

Love the coloring of your roo. it would definitely be interesting to see what their babies would look like.

Last edited:
Someone posted about Orpingtons on Craigslist. Turned out it was a guy I buy my Legbars and Marans from. I called him about a rooster and he told me he had a few Orpingtons he wanted to sell. I now have a Red and a Gold Laced Orpington pullet and a Chocolate and a Jubliee Orpington rooster. I think they will make beautiful babies.

I am just about to fill an incubator. My Easter Eggers and Marans and eggs I ordered- Sulmtaler, Basque, Barnevelder, Bresse, Legbar, Red Dorking and Araucanas.

Someone posted about Orpingtons on Craigslist.  Turned out it was a guy I buy my Legbars and Marans from.  I called him about a rooster and he told me he had a few Orpingtons he wanted to sell.  I now have a Red and a Gold Laced Orpington pullet and a Chocolate and a Jubliee Orpington rooster.  I think they will make beautiful babies.  

I am just about to fill an incubator.  My Easter Eggers and Marans and eggs I ordered- Sulmtaler, Basque, Barnevelder, Bresse, Legbar, Red Dorking and Araucanas.  

I think that you and I get our legbars and marans from the same guy. Is this guy in Bessemer?

Someone posted about Orpingtons on Craigslist. Turned out it was a guy I buy my Legbars and Marans from. I called him about a rooster and he told me he had a few Orpingtons he wanted to sell. I now have a Red and a Gold Laced Orpington pullet and a Chocolate and a Jubliee Orpington rooster. I think they will make beautiful babies.

I am just about to fill an incubator. My Easter Eggers and Marans and eggs I ordered- Sulmtaler, Basque, Barnevelder, Bresse, Legbar, Red Dorking and Araucanas.
Very Jealous! Want orpingtons so badly. Have to wait until it gets warmer and need to fortify the coop.

I think that you and I get our legbars and marans from the same guy. Is this guy in Bessemer?
Chuck. His hatch almost all female. I wish I new why. From 8 Marans, I got 5 girls and 2 boys. From 12 Legbar I got 5 girls and 1 boy. From 12 Easter Eggers 10 girls 2 boys. I'd love to have that from my eggs.

Very Jealous! Want orpingtons so badly. Have to wait until it gets warmer and need to fortify the coop.
I am excited about this. They are beautiful. I am going to put them all together and see what colors I get. Iwill probably have chicks in 3 months. I can always hatch a few extra.

She is a smooth silkie? What were her parents? Can you post pics of them? Curious cause I just hatched a smooth silkie. Dying for her to fill out so I can see what she will look like! Plus interested in breeding smooth silkies.

Love the coloring of your roo. it would definitely be interesting to see what their babies would look like.

Chuck.  His hatch almost all female.  I wish I new why.  From 8 Marans, I got 5 girls and 2 boys.  From 12 Legbar I got  5 girls and 1 boy.  From 12 Easter Eggers 10 girls 2 boys.  I'd love to have that from my eggs.

Yep, same guy. I have to say I would love to have that hatching ratio too! Most of my hatches have been mostly (60 - 70%) males. I have had one small hatch (6 eggs) that was all female, but that is an exception.

Back
Top Bottom