ALABAMA!!

I bought my wife a Brinsea Mini Eco for Christmas. Our first eggs are due to come off this weekend. We set 9 eggs, I culled 4 last weekend that were not developing. I bought it from Amazon, had free shipping. I will be glad to let you know how things work out; just bear in mind that this is our first time trying to hatch and a failure could be our fault instead of the incubator.
Just to update you, the five eggs were due to hatch this weekend and all five hatched yesterday and are doing well. So I guess the little mini does what it is supposed to do. As a side note; my granddaughter was off the chain excited while watching.

I bought my wife a Brinsea Mini Eco for Christmas. Our first eggs are due to come off this weekend. We set 9 eggs, I culled 4 last weekend that were not developing. I bought it from Amazon, had free shipping. I will be glad to let you know how things work out; just bear in mind that this is our first time trying to hatch and a failure could be our fault instead of the incubator.

Just to update you, the five eggs were due to hatch this weekend and all five hatched yesterday and are doing well. So I guess the little mini does what it is supposed to do. As a side note; my granddaughter was off the chain excited while watching.

Now you're hooked. ;)

Just to update you, the five eggs were due to hatch this weekend and all five hatched yesterday and are doing well. So I guess the little mini does what it is supposed to do. As a side note; my granddaughter was off the chain excited while watching.

Now you got me really interested in that incubator...... Oh dear. Can you tell me more about it? How much work/how hard is it to use?

Now you're hooked.
wink.png
Oh yes, we are already collecting more eggs.LOL

Now you got me really interested in that incubator...... Oh dear. Can you tell me more about it? How much work/how hard is it to use?
Not very hard at all. We set up the incubator for two or three days to get the temp right. We placed our eggs on Saturday so our granddaughter could be there when they hatched. We turned them three times a day until day 19. We had to add water about every third day. I candled the eggs on day 8 and day 14, and removed four eggs that were not developing. The other five eggs hatched over a 12 hour period yesterday and the entire family enjoyed the experience.

I am excited about this. They are beautiful. I am going to put them all together and see what colors I get. Iwill probably have chicks in 3 months. I can always hatch a few extra.

I may take you on your offer.
big_smile.png

We are a year in this state and LOVING it!
Anyone in or near Montevallo, that could offer advice? I would love to annoy you with question

Quote:
Welcome to BYC. The members are friendly and there are a lot of very experienced chicken keepers.

Back
Top Bottom