ALABAMA!!

Quote:
Even though they go to public school the chickens are my granddaughters science project. We are going to hatch some eggs as soon as we get a broody hen. I want them to see the natural process. My 8 year old also loves to raise butterflies in the summer. That is intriguing to them watching them go from eggs to caterpillars to pupae the butterflies and she releases most of them herself. We have quite a few native Passifloia Incarnata (May Pops) and we raise dozens of Gulf Fritillaries on them.

Last edited:
Happy (late) Birthday, Raz!

I'm so happy that you are coming home, I know it what you've been wanting. Keep us posted!
Thanks Wisher! I just got a call a few minutes ago that I've been waiting for! I got a job at a factory. It's only temporary, since we're going home next month, but this great because it'll help with getting there. I'm excited! I get to go home and we won't be broke when we get there! As it was, we only had enough saved up to get there. Now we won't have to worry for a bit after we get there.

I think I have found an answer to my chicken needs! Has anyone ever bought anything from Jays Fancy Feathers & Bunny Tails in Sweet Water, AL? He's got a LONG list of available babies, a lot of things I would like.. Prices are good. Pics look nice on his Facebook page. Two hour backroad drive, which is fairly reasonable.

LF RIR SR Chicks $3 ea.
LF Barred Rock SR Chicks $3 ea
LF Buff Orpington SR Chicks $3 ea.
LF Black Australorp SR chicks $3 ea.
LF Light brahma SR chicks $3 ea.
Silkies SR Assorted colors $5 ea.
LF Silver Laced SR Wyandottes $3 ea
LF Goldlaced Wyandottes SR $3 ea,
LF Blue Laced Red Wyandotte SR $5 ea.
Silver Phoenix SR $6 ea.
Gold laced Polish, Standard SR chicks $6 ea
Black w/white top polish bantam SR chicks $6 ea.
Choc. Wyandottes bantam SR chicks $10 ea.
Choc engish. Orpington bantam SR chicks $10 ea.
LF Rhodebar SR chicks $15 ea.
Cream Legbar SR chicks $15 ea. (lay blue eggs)
LF Choc. choc /split chicks SR $25 ea.
LF Black English Orpingtons SR chicks $20 ea.
LF Lavender Orpington American SR $8 ea.
LF Barred Lemon Cukoo Orpington SR chicks $8 ea.
LF English Red Orpington SR Chicks $50 ea.
LF Engish Blue Orpington SR Chicks $20 ea.
LF cukoo Orpingtons Assorted colors SR $20 ea.
LF Jubilee Orpingtons SR Chicks $25 ea.
Bantam cochins BBS SR chicks $5 ea
LF French Black and Blue Copper Maran SR chicks $6 ea.
Guineas assorted colors ,SR $5 ea
Indian Blue peafowl SR chicks $25 ea. Limited
White Peafowl SR chicks $40 ea. Limited

Prices based on Just hatched chicks...
as they get older prices change. Will be offering Sexed Juv. pairs and Quads this summer or fall.

No shipping at this time for chicks

Only thing is the straight run issue... with my luck I buy all boys. I could buy TWO of all the breeds I want to increase my chances, but then I will have to rehome some once they get older.

I think I have found an answer to my chicken needs! Has anyone ever bought anything from Jays Fancy Feathers & Bunny Tails in Sweet Water, AL? He's got a LONG list of available babies, a lot of things I would like.. Prices are good. Pics look nice on his Facebook page. Two hour backroad drive, which is fairly reasonable.

LF Rhodebar SR chicks $15 ea.

Cream Legbar SR chicks $15 ea. (lay blue eggs)

Only thing is the straight run issue... with my luck I buy all boys. I could buy TWO of all the breeds I want to increase my chances, but then I will have to rehome some once they get older.

If you are going to pick up the chicks you could go with the rhodebars and legbars to ensure you get pullets. Both are auto sexing - just make sure you get the ones with chimpmunk stripes.

If you are going to pick up the chicks you could go with the rhodebars and legbars to ensure you get pullets. Both are auto sexing - just make sure you get the ones with chimpmunk stripes.

Yeah, we like variety though. I was definately going to get one of each of the rhode/legbar. Possibly a blue marans, lavender orp (can't beat the price here!), one of each of the Wyandottes and maybe a barred rock.. I thought about a jubilee orp, but that's just too high a price to end up getting a rooster. I'd like a brahma, but the feathered legs are an issue for me... My coop and run can get pretty muddy if it rains a lot.

Back
Top Bottom