ALABAMA!!

No chicks in Dothan yet either!! They think I'm crazy I'm sure as much as I've called and come by!! Hope the chicks were shipped later and not sitting somewhere die to the weather I'm worried
sad.png
they told me maybe tomorrow but I'm thinking Thurs probably doesn't it usually take three days??? No Usps on Monday so it would be Thurs or Friday

I drove mine nuts last year, kept waiting for them to get Brahmas in. Of course, the one rare breed they never got.

Hi. I'm in Fountain,Fl..thats about 1 hour away from Dothan, Al.It's hard to find breeders here. Thought I'd say HI to everyone. I raise Splash Cochin Bantams.And have lots of babies.

Looking for some Columbian Cochins, would like some standard size but bantams will do. Also looking for some white silkies,
Does anyone close to Dothan, Al have ny for sale..will buy eggs also.

Hi. I'm in Fountain,Fl..thats about 1 hour away from Dothan, Al.It's hard to find breeders here. Thought I'd say HI to everyone. I raise Splash Cochin Bantams.And have lots of babies.

OH THEY ARE SO PRETTY!!!
droolin.gif
I think if I come across someone selling them near me I'm going to get a couple.

Love them.I ordered the babies from out west last year and they have been really good egg layers. This is another girl,she didn't get the black in her feathers until she molted...Love the roosters they are so sweet. In the other picture the one on the right is a female , her name is Kobe she colored really heavy on the black..my favorite

Love them.I ordered the babies from out west last year and they have been really good egg layers. This is another girl,she didn't get the black in her feathers until she molted...Love the roosters they are so sweet. In the other picture the one on the right is a female , her name is Kobe she colored really heavy on the black..my favorite

I had a splash orp that did that too. I use to called her the splash that didn't splash.
Darn,...wish you lived closer.
sad.png

Well, no chicks yet! Next time i will call but i needed food and breeding already anyway.
that was supposed to say bedding crazy auto correct! I don't know what breeds they are having still but I did see a sheet where the galvanized tubs were set up that had Mt Healthy on it. There was very few people working there too, one cashier, manager, and I think 1 other person on the floor that was moving things. Not that I wasn't capable but I grabbed the 50lbs of feed by myself and the shavings were kept outside and it was still completely wrapped in plastic so I had to dig bags out by myself. It was fun to look around even though it was a huge letdown when I headed toward 6 tubs with their lights on and didn't hear cheeping...
hit.gif

They are getting so big! 2 weeks old tomorrow
big_smile.png
and the one we named Angel.. is so NOT an Angel lol. Everyone will be sleeping cuddled up and that's the moment she decides to run through them and wake everyone up. She's also one of the main ones who jumps up on the food and water jars playing queen of the playpen.
tongue2.gif

Edited for typo ;)

Last edited:
that was supposed to say bedding crazy auto correct! I don't know what breeds they are having still but I did see a sheet where the galvanized tubs were set up that had Mt Healthy on it. There was very few people working there too, one cashier, manager, and I think 1 other person on the floor that was moving things. Not that I wasn't capable but I grabbed the 50lbs of feed by myself and the shavings were kept outside and it was still completely wrapped in plastic so I had to dig bags out by myself. It was fun to look around even though it was a huge letdown when I headed toward 6 tubs with their lights on and didn't hear cheeping...
hit.gif

Know the feeling. I hate seeing the tubs...... and then nothing.
lol.png

Darn folks getting my hopes up!

Quote:
I would love to show you my birds. I have the parents, and chicks of various ages. I have a couple of baches of Black Orpingtons cooking now and I'm about to set a few EE's so they will be ready in less than a month. I would be happy to move some and would likely make you a good deal, but I can't guarantee that I know the boys from the girls. As soon as it becomes apparent that a chick is likely a girl, she is snapped up. I have quite a few that are pretty obviously male and they will be going to someone for dinner. I will sell the "obvious boys for a dollar each so I don't have so many to feed. Some will be huge, nice roosters. but there's not much call for them.....

Let me know!

Hi, Coops4me! Welcome to BYC and the ALABAMA!! thread. We don't care which side of the state line you live on, all are welcome here!

Back
Top Bottom