ALABAMA!!

. Ok I bought 3 new chickens Saturday and this is a blue Cochin I was sure was a pullet compaired to the other chicks but now with it here by itself it is worrying me. Could this be a Roo? I'm not sure of age I'm gonna guess like 10/13 wks maybe
Being that it's 3 months old I'm guessing it's a hen too. If it was 4-8 weeks I would guess roo. Here is a pictures of my cochin for comparison. The Molted are around 12-15 weeks. The other one is around 21 weeks.

Being that it's 3 months old I'm guessing it's a hen too. If it was 4-8 weeks I would guess roo. Here is a pictures of my cochin for comparison. The Molted are around 12-15 weeks. The other one is around 21 weeks.
I don't know for sure how old it is. I am just comparing it to my barred rock chicks that are much smaller and they are 6/7 wks old

Ok I am so new to chickens and I didn't even know there was a bantam size in the Cochin. Could this be a bantam because I heard it making the egg sound my bigger hens are making before they lay! My rooster is crazy about this chicken and I have been keeping him away because I assumed it was a chick, but I have not had a chick make that sound and my rooster don't mess with my other chicks.

Back
Top Bottom