ALABAMA!!

I have about a dozen EEs for sale if anyone is interested. There are blues, blacks, Wheatens, splashes, and some "yet to be determined." They were hatched from my Ameraucanas just last Tuesday. Straight run only, $4 each.

I am looking for some new baby chicks to add to my flock. Does anybody know where I can buy them locally in Alabama. I'm specifically looking for some red sex link and black Australorp. Willing to drive anywhere in Alabama. I live in the Birmingham area

These are not the breeds you want but should make really nice birds.

These are not the breeds you want but should make really nice birds.

Wisher has very nice birds
smile.png

Do you still want those pullets, wisher? If he decides he wants your chicks maybe some arrangements can be made to move birds.

First 5 breeder pens done. I already ordered 750 chicks which will be here April the 2nd. The first pic is of the fist 4 brooders being started. 9.5'x3' Which is 28 sqft. That will allow me 113 chicks per box. Still have a lot of work to do.

Last edited:
I separated out the males from the female, this afternoon. Yes, that was maleS from the ONE female. Ugh! How many hens did you end up with?

9 pullets, 6 cockerels.

Took some pics today.. ofcourse dear husband had to scare them first (he didn't mean to), so they weren't very cooperative
lol.png

Some of those boys are puuuurdy.

I have sent birds to the state lab for testing. There are three locations in the state but I would recommend sending them to Auburn. Go on the State Ag site and look for poultry testing. There are instructions and forms. It costs $10 per submission (not per bird) so you can send more than one if you have several die, but they don't want them frozen or more than a day or two dead without refrigeration.

Back
Top Bottom