ALABAMA!!

The site says they wont do good up here in North Alabama. :( .

I planted last year dwarf apple tree, green grapes, Muscadine grapes, and my 2 dollar blueberry bushes. They are coming along great! I somehow killed my pear and peach tree. Ordered more, gona try again! Also ordered a mulberry bush, and blackberry.
The dwarf trees are supposed to produce fruit a lot earlier than regular trees.

I could live off fruit, eggs,and chicken, and be perfectly happy. I might change that list if I learn to garden lol

I've read they can grow them in Virginia, just have to be careful what type you get I guess, we had an ice storm (same one that hit Birmingham) the ice lasted for three days and didn't kill either of my trees (like I said a lot tougher then people think) and this year it was down to 15F over night and they both were fine.

I have some apples and grapes (I don't bother with muscadines as I consider them a weed where I live :p)

I've read they can grow them in Virginia, just have to be careful what type you get I guess, we had an ice storm (same one that hit Birmingham) the ice lasted for three days and didn't kill either of my trees (like I said a lot tougher then people think) and this year it was down to 15F over night and they both were fine.

I have some apples and grapes (I don't bother with muscadines as I consider them a weed where I live :p)

Try muscadine wine from Chatuaqua Vineyards in Defuniac Springs FL. They harvest their muscadines in Alabama....That wine will change your life for the better

I love fruit
big_smile.png

Sadly, my peach died last summer. The drought did it in (every county around us had tons of rain, we had not a drop). It had issues with borers and the graft was damaged when it was young.. the dryness just sealed the deal.

We planted a new peach, nectarine, plum, fig and pomegranate this spring. Last week we put 3 blue berries in the ground. Also started a green plum, but it still needs to be turned into a tree.. it's just a leafy stick right now
lol.png

Last summer I planted some $5 apple trees (end of season sale at Lowes) only 1 lived. Ducks destroyed one, chickens did the other one in
roll.png

Got hardy kiwis off Ebay last summer, 2 females and a male.
Last weekend I got 4 raspberries for $1 each from Tractor Supply in Montevallo. They looked really rough, but 3 are starting to sproud some little shoots
smile.png

Uh.. got 2 raspberries from Aldi last month..
I planted a grape and muscadine a few years back, I think this may the first year of fruit.
I cut my blackberries back too far last year. Whoops... so now I have two teeny tiny leafy stubs. I think they'll come back though.

Busy, busy, busy.

Oh and the garden ofcourse.

I love fruit :D

Sadly, my peach died last summer. The drought did it in (every county around us had tons of rain, we had not a drop). It had issues with borers and the graft was damaged when it was young.. the dryness just sealed the deal.

We planted a new peach, nectarine, plum, fig and pomegranate this spring. Last week we put 3 blue berries in the ground. Also started a green plum, but it still needs to be turned into a tree.. it's just a leafy stick right now :lol:

Last summer I planted some $5 apple trees (end of season sale at Lowes) only 1 lived. Ducks destroyed one, chickens did the other one in :rolleyes:

Got hardy kiwis off Ebay last summer, 2 females and a male.

Last weekend I got 4 raspberries for $1 each from Tractor Supply in Montevallo. They looked really rough, but 3 are starting to sproud some little shoots :)

Uh.. got 2 raspberries from Aldi last month..

I planted a grape and muscadine a few years back, I think this may the first year of fruit.

I cut my blackberries back too far last year. Whoops... so now I have two teeny tiny leafy stubs. I think they'll come back though.

Busy, busy, busy.

Oh and the garden ofcourse.

If you plant garlic around the base of your peach (and any other stone fruit ya might have) it'll keep the borers away, you might also try growing a peach or two from seed, I have one that's most 11 years now and it is one tough tree, my dad accidentally felled a pine on it (the pine was about 30 inches wide) and it still lived (in fact it set fruit in the winter that year if I'm not mistaken)

I have a male kiwi (well really it's my dad's) but it goes crazy every year, two years ago it bent a tee post in half... They get VERY big, unfortunately non of the females we've put in have made it :(

Back
Top Bottom