ALABAMA!!

Quote: That's great Raz. You probably won't believe this but I bought a sprinkler to turn on at the end of their runs to let them get in and cool off. I would usually turn it on for about 30 min. or just squirt them and give them puddles. Most of the afternoon they birds will go into my coop. My coop and pens are all in the shade.

I have no idea why your ducklings would be going down so suddenly. Maybe you could check with the ladies on the duck thread they are very helpful.

Gosh, 15 eggs today
th.gif
I have 6 dozen eggs sitting on my counter.. I need more customers
lol.png

I noticed today that our big tree seems to be thicker than previous years, over the chicken area. It's very cool in their run
smile.png
They're some lucky birds.

We purchased a bat house recently, to hang on our tree. With some luck we'll have bats move in. That'll be great mosquito control!
Tomtom do you have any fb pages for buy sell or trade or farmers pages for your area? I know one lady that delivers eggs to her customers and she get's 6.00 a dozen for hers. :)

Jayare, guess what hatched today? It's only day 26. It was a shocker. Wasn't expecting it to hatch until day28 or 30. Just started lockdown yesterday. :eek:

You need a permit for farmer's markets. We're allowed to sell on our own property without permit.

I sold 2 dozen during my yard sale today, handed out some muscovy eggs for people to try. My neighbors come every week for a dozen, they didn't come by last weekend, that usually means they come get 2 dozen this week
lol.png
I only charge $2 for neighbors, $3 for others. It's enough to keep the birds fed
smile.png

I couldn't imagine getting $5-$6 per dozen. Maybe for free range, grass fed, non-GMO, organic etc. Not my little mutts and their Nutrena Country feed
lol.png

Orps, Kewl Beans on Ducky's hatch.

Bamadude, Sweet. Question about Overwintering them in the garage. Do you still water them regularly and keep them from freezing or move them into the house and treat them as houseplants for the winter?

Jayare

Orps, Kewl Beans on Ducky's hatch.

Bamadude, Sweet. Question about Overwintering them in the garage. Do you still water them regularly and keep them from freezing or move them into the house and treat them as houseplants for the winter?

Jayare

The frost will kill them. If you have a place in your house for them that would be better. Yes I water them. A majority of the leaves will fall off and they will not fruit during the winter months. If you can keep them alive you will have an excellent head start next spring.
I have a 4 year old habanero that is awesome

Back
Top Bottom