ALABAMA!!

I had a very brazen young hunter come back 3 days in a row to eat on his kill that was too big for him to carry off. He didn't come back after that....
wink.png

I'm still alive! I just got busy and forgot BYC existed... aside from the fact that I link to it from my blog every week.

Is anyone else having an egg drought? I got the first egg in almost 2 months yesterday and my BIL stole it on sight. He misses my eggs and I miss the $6 a week I get from them. None of my young girls have started laying yet. Not even Jewel and she's several weeks older than the rest of them.

I figured out that my darkest blue hen isn't a Marans like I thought she was. She has white earlobes, so I have a Blue Andalusian. Which completely explains why she isn't as friendly as the rest of my girls penned with her.

Now for the fun part. Pictures!

Jewel, Oddball, and Mouse in the background.

These kitties need homes, so if anyone wants one or knows someone that wants one let me know. There are 9 kittens in all from 2 litters. The black hole at the back of the chair isn't included. We're keeping her. The kittens that are missing from this pic are a grey striped kitty and a cream striped white kitty with a dark grey tail, ears, face, and ice blue eyes. Most of them are sweet as can be, but they're still getting used to people.

Nice pictures! And cute kittens!

I'm having a dry spell too and in my case it's because my bantams goes all broody at a drop of a hat!
D.gif

About an hour ago I went out to get pictures of my blue girls and my blue splash since I don't know what they are, but they have white earlobes. I found my fluffy cheek girl dead. She broke her neck on the roosts somehow. I don't know what she was since Meyer has both ams and EEs.I was looking forward to her first egg.

On the bright side Blu promised I could order more layers in February. I'm getting blue layers without a doubt.

Silkie Owners help! Does anyone clip the feathers around their silkies eyes? My poor girl really looks and acts like she can't see at all. I cant see her eyes at all through the fluff so I doubt she can see.

Silkie Owners help! Does anyone clip the feathers around their silkies eyes? My poor girl really looks and acts like she can't see at all. I cant see her eyes at all through the fluff so I doubt she can see.
I've heard of people clipping it before. Glad I never had to do it with mine.

Back
Top Bottom