ALABAMA!!

My white leghorn bantam is broody & she's been sitting on 10 eggs. I candled them today and they are all alive. Should I let her sit on all 10 or should I take a few away? My incubator was left when we moved so I can't incubate them. People say bantams can't hatch out more that a couple chicks at a time... Should they do okay if I leave them all?
Leave the eggs under her!! My bantams have sat on 12-15 eggs and almost all hatched!!! How long has she been sitting on the eggs?
Hope your hen has a good hatch.

BCP

Leave them, my Silkies are always hatching eggs for me. They have hatched out Turkey, Duck, Guinea eggs and standard chicken eggs for me all at the same time. it's amazing how they can flatten themselves out and cover all those eggs.

I don't know how long exactly but it's been a while. I think two should hatch in about a week or so. The eggs are all at different stages because other hens have been laying eggs in her nest box when she gets up to eat, there were originally 5 eggs... I moved her to our smaller coop that didn't have that many hens in it so she wouldnt be "disturbed" any more. I'm excited to have some more chicks around so my welsummer won't be so lonley :weee

Hey guys, I have 20 chicks (mixed some full Game) all for $35 or $2 each, Game rooster $20, Large Rooster unknown bred $15, Two young Silkie roosters $7 each both for $10

I also have some lop eared bunnies for sale $15-$20

Thanks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom