ALABAMA!!

I couldn't sell nice Roosters for $5.

I have to give my roosters away

My solution to extra roosters (and I have LOTS because I hatch 200+ every spring) is to strike a deal with a member of the local Hispanic community. They love fresh, pasture raised chickens and often live in the areas not zoned for chickens. I sell my roosters to one man, he in turn sells them to his community. I get $5 - $10 each, depending on weight and I understand that they will be eaten. It is a win/win for both people (not so much for the roosters, but hey, I eat chicken so I can't be a hypocrite.)

I live in Henagar in NE Alabama.

Hey! I have been there twice to pick up my two LGDs (dogs)!
Beautiful country up there. Welcome to our thread.

My solution to extra roosters (and I have LOTS because I hatch 200+ every spring) is to strike a deal with a member of the local Hispanic community.  They love fresh, pasture raised chickens and often live in the areas not zoned for chickens.  I sell my roosters to one man, he in turn sells them to his community.  I get $5 - $10 each, depending on weight and I understand that they will be eaten.  It is a win/win for both people (not so much for the roosters, but hey, I eat chicken so I can't be a hypocrite.)

Hey!  I have been there twice to pick up my two LGDs (dogs)! 
Beautiful country up there. Welcome to our thread.

I have 25 laying hens and one Welsumer rooster for sale 15.00 each. Most are only 7 Months old and laying I do have a maybe 5 that are about 1 & 1/2 yrs. old still laying.
Hens are a variety from Meyer Hatchery Welsumers, SLW, RIR, BO, 1 Splash Maran, SS, BB, EE all are NPIP. If you are interested I am between Selma and Demopolis. PM for more info or phone number.

Back
Top Bottom