ALABAMA!!

" She is about 2 1/2 - 3 years old now."

Domineckers33, That is why. A hen of this age will not lay unless she has at least 13 hours of daylight. You can increase the hours of light by adding artificial light. A 40 watt bulb for about 3 hours should do the trick. I use a light operated by a timer from about 3 AM until daylight.

I have another new layer as of today! This time, it was my Olive Egger (24.5 weeks). Happy New Year!

0946B79C-BA04-4E7C-B5AF-0FF2900C6DE8.jpeg

Good chilly morning to all Alabamians. I’m not completely new to chickens or BYC, but I finally signed up and I am glad to be here. I am from Centre. I currently have 2 BO, 1 Red Star and 1 Amber Link, but I have 24 Spring chicks ordered and cannot wait. Yes, chickens are addicting.

Good chilly morning to all Alabamians. I’m not completely new to chickens or BYC, but I finally signed up and I am glad to be here. I am from Centre. I currently have 2 BO, 1 Red Star and 1 Amber Link, but I have 24 Spring chicks ordered and cannot wait. Yes, chickens are addicting.
Welcome! Chickens are so addicting like you said! Very cold here and I have a broody sitting on eggs. I may have to bring her in. And I still have more chicks coming in the spring. :frow :jumpy

Also I have heard about poultry auctions close to where you are located have you ever been or heard about one?

Welcome aboard Mimi! I'm from LaGrange, GA but my farm is in Roanoke. We used to go through Centre every year on the way up to visit family in Crossville. :)

Welcome aboard Mimi! I'm from LaGrange, GA but my farm is in Roanoke. We used to go through Centre every year on the way up to visit family in Crossville. :)
How neat. I really love Centre, and Alabama for that matter. I’m originally from Dalton. We moved to AL in 2008.
What kind of chickens do you have?

Back
Top Bottom