ALABAMA!!

I live in north Alabama. I am looking for a Mille Fleur D'Uccle hen. I am impossibly addicted to chickens and have a mixed flock because there are too many awesome breeds to narrow it down! I think the Mille Fleurs are so gorgeous; I'd love to add one to my bantam group. Does anyone have a hen, or know of one? Willing to drive a little, but not too far (drove almost 2 hours yesterday...) Thank you for your help!

I know someone who might have some eggs. In Grant. Idk if you'd want an older hen. I'm not sure if he sells those or not. Want me to ask him? He has very pretty Mille fleur d'uccles. I'd offer to hatch you some but my incubator is tied up till the first week of April.

Welcome! I don't have a good tractor supply story either! I got 6 buff orpington chicks last year, 5 were roos! I ended up giving 3 away. I think a racoon got the other two. They were beautiful birds. But the odds were against us. If you go that route maybe get pullets and save yourself some trouble! I'm hatching lavender orpingtons right now. I also (am trying to) breed blue australorps. In North Alabama. Welcome!
Well, if you ordered 6 hens and five of them were roos you should have been reimbursed or should have received a replacement. After all, you paid more for sexed chicks. As to my order arriving late, I don't know if I should blame Tractor Supply (I was reimbursed for the loss). My Elba post office, for some strange reason, is closed on Wednesday afternoons. The chicks probably arrived late on Wednesday morning, I was not notified, and I could not pick them up until the next morning, though I knew they were there, having tracked them. I called the post office on the phone on Wednesday afternoon but no one answered because no one was there. Now, the one thing I blame on Tractor Supply and/or the hatchery is that they do business with the USPS, a notoriously inefficient organization, like most federal organizations (have you ever had to deal with Social Security Administration, or V.A., or the IRS?). The first delay occurred in Kentucky, where, according to the tracking, it took quite a while for the shipment to be accepted. Why? Now, if the chicks had been shipped with UPS or FedEx, they would have been here the next day.

Well, if you ordered 6 hens and five of them were roos you should have been reimbursed or should have received a replacement. After all, you paid more for sexed chicks. As to my order arriving late, I don't know if I should blame Tractor Supply (I was reimbursed for the loss). My Elba post office, for some strange reason, is closed on Wednesday afternoons. The chicks probably arrived late on Wednesday morning, I was not notified, and I could not pick them up until the next morning, though I knew they were there, having tracked them. I called the post office on the phone on Wednesday afternoon but no one answered because no one was there. Now, the one thing I blame on Tractor Supply and/or the hatchery is that they do business with the USPS, a notoriously inefficient organization, like most federal organizations (have you ever had to deal with Social Security Administration, or V.A., or the IRS?). The first delay occurred in Kentucky, where, according to the tracking, it took quite a while for the shipment to be accepted. Why? Now, if the chicks had been shipped with UPS or FedEx, they would have been here the next day.

I picked mine up in store. And I understand they are straight run. It was just alot of roos!

Anyone have any Speckled Sussex for sale? (now or in the future). I would love some chicks but we could take pullets, or hens. (maybe even a trio with a roo). We live in North Alabama but can drive as far as Birmingham.

Was planning on getting them from TSC in Montevallo. They get couple shipments every week. As far as breed, that is still up in the air, pending on what they get in. Any suggestions?
We are located on the Bibb Tuscaloosa line, we have gotten chicks from tsc in Bessemer 4 Asians and 4 barred rocks all are healthy and well, we also bought two white brahmas and four black laced wyondettes from Woodstock feed & seed so far so good on those as well he had four or five different breeds.

I picked mine up in store. And I understand they are straight run. It was just alot of roos!
I wanted to buy chicks at the TSC in Enterprise but they told me that I had to order them through their Internet site and that they'd be shipped from the hatchery. It was kind of strange, because they had metal tubs in the whole front part of the store ready with pine shavings, feed, water, and heat lamps, but no chicks in them. I thought you could buy them at the store or order them and then pick them up at the store. I am not too sure that I want to order them again in the future from a far away hatchery and have them at the mercy of the USPS. Four days w/o food or water and at a temperature way below what they need is cruel.

Back
Top Bottom