1. Krismerizon

Krismerizon New Egg

Oct 7, 2012
    I live near Anchorage. Have a small coop with a few chickens but am looking to upgrade. Don't want to take the time to build a bigger one...would just like to buy a bigger coop. Anyone know where I can get one?

2. CluckyCharms

CluckyCharms Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi and welcome to BYC. =)

How many chickens were you planning on upgrading to? Do you have a certain price range you're looking for? If I know those two things I can help you search (I like searching for stuff online)

This builder/manufacturer lives about 45 minutes away from Anchorage (according to Google anyway) Very cute and practical coops. If you click on the 2 they have shown it shows you the interiors as well.

http://www.alaskabetterbuilt.com/Alaska_Chicken_Coop.html

Located in Wasilla - holds 12 chickens

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  3. Krismerizon

Krismerizon New Egg

Oct 7, 2012
    Thanks. I'll look into it!

4. luvsexytrstno1

luvsexytrstno1 New Egg

Aug 27, 2016
    I too am looking for a coop builder near chugiak alaska but I cannot get the link you posted to work I am looking for a walk in coop with covered run that has a connected storage area for food and supplies that I can acessories the coop area from. I would like to be able to house 15-20 chickens

5. Howard E

Howard E Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2016
    Missouri
    You don't need a coop builder per se, what you need is someone who can run a saw and swing a hammer.......in short, any handy sort of carpenter will do. What you need is to give them a set of plans you like, let them buy the materials and pay them their hourly rate. Depending on the plans you select, likely as not it will be a whole bunch better than anything a "coop builder" would produce and less costly to boot.

6. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

This thread, and that link, is 4 years old...they probably went out of business.

Agrees with Howards post.

You might also try the Alaska chat thread to ask for advice.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/84141/north-to-alaska

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by