Alaskans

I'm an Alaskan! Just joined BYC a few months ago....but I've been a lurker around here since I got my chicks last March. I've got Jersey Giants (6 hens and 1 roo) and 4 buff chanteclers.

My husband brought them home from Fairbanks last year, I can't remember which feed store he said. They are real nice birds...take confinement really well and extremely cold hardy. I've been real impressed with them. I didn't realize they were that hard to find. Nice layers too!

Another Alaskan chiming in. Man it sure is nice to have this warmer weather, hens can go outside and walk around. -20 two weeks ago, 40 above now, I just know it won't last, winter isn't over.
I've got 45 hens left, was over 100 last summer. Going to set up the sportsman in a couple weeks to start again, figure I'm going to stager hatches, about 100 per week. Right now I'm down to Barred Rocks, Cuckoo Marans, Red sex link, Black sex link, Leghorns, a couple polish, Rhode Island Reds and some easter eggers

I've also ordered up a couple hundered hens for selling around this area to folks that want a few hens. Going to be an active spring....

Back
Top Bottom