Albemarle Road church fined $100 per branch for excessive tree pruning

To those who don't have crepe's in their area; crepe myrtles come in all sizes. From bushes to very large trees. I saw one that I thought was an ugly maple at first until I looked up at this tree with a diameter trunk about 14-16" around, about 70 ft. tall and saw the flowers.
They do grow back. I murdered a wild one because it wasn't producing anything. Almost no flowers and only a few leaves. It was about 30 ft. tall. After committing crepe murder and cutting it to about 7 ft. (one trunk I had to use a chainsaw on) the thing was 30 ft tall again in less than one season and had massive amounts of flowers and leaves.
Pruning these trees is necessary to keep them healthy and thriving no matter what the liberals think about it. It doesn't hurt them, it helps them.

You know, I'd really love to say that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.... But it's really just one more stupid law in a long list of stupid laws.

First a crepe myrtle is a bush, not a tree. Second they are darn near indestructible. I had three bulldozed out on our fence row three years ago, now I have 3 million little ones spead all over the dadgum roadbank I was cleaning. I've got one in the edge of the yard I've chopped, burned, poured everything from diesel to poison on and guess what? It comes back every year.
sad.png
As most here know, we had a bad tornado here this year... not one single little tiny limb of a single crepe myrtle was damaged.

There's a reason most of us anti-social types live out in the boonies. At least we have fewer stupid laws here. And a few of us still stand up for what we believe to be our rights.

I have several mature (40+ year old) pecan trees in our yard, back about 40' from the road and from a power line. A few years ago I hear some racket, looked out and the power company had some company hired to clear the limbs and brush away from the power lines. They had stopped at our house and was trimming the limbs from our Pecans.

Ok, I had no problem with that, a few of the limbs were getting a bit close to the powerlines. I don't want an ice storm or high wind to damage the powerlines any more than anyone else. I understand the need to keep everything trimmed. No problem at all.

idunno.gif

Then I watched as a guy with a chainsaw walked over to the pecan tree. I yelled out "Hey! wait just a sec!" then went and got my Grandpa's old double barreled 10 gauge shotgun....

I walked out and asked him what he thought he was going to do? He said I'm trimming this tree. I said you trim those limbs out by the lines, but you darn shure ain't going to just saw them off up against the trunk. He said it's my job and I gotta right to cut them however I please. I said okey-dokey big boy, but I gotta right to shoot you off that ladder too. He said I think I'll just get my supervisor out here! I told him that was the smartest thing he'd said so far. I pulled up a lawn chair and propped my feet up. Just sorta laid ole Betsy across my lap...

The supervisor told him off when he got there, they trimmed the limbs out by the lines, and I still have my pecan trees.
tongue2.gif

The next year I planted several dwarf fruit trees under the power lines. That same supervisor was driving by and saw them, came up to the house. I made us a cup of coffee and we went out and sat on the porch and he said "you know I'll have to keep them cut back to under 20' don't you? I don't have any choice..."

I laughed and said "yeah, I'm smarter than I look ain't I? They are supposed to stay under 20' and now I never have to trim those trees because you are going to do it for free every spring."

I thought it worked out real well myself.
hide.gif

Quote:
roll.png
Yes I do understand what you are saying. Crepes are only thick at the base, which makes this whole thing insane. Crepes to do not grow back weird. They grow up and bend down. It's also a BUSH. I wonder if they have BUSH trimming laws too.
roll.png

Don't know much about them,there aren't any around here,but they look like a little more than a bush or shrub to me.But you are right the whole thing is insane.
http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/rondo769/crepemyrtle.jpg

That must be a Texas bush. That's a nice looking tree.

Quote:
Love your avatar

That's the original Department of homeland security.

that has been around for YEARS, when it first came out we got them at powwows and everyone wore them it wasn't until recently you're seeing people use them.

You realize it's natives fighting against white invaders right?

now I think there are rip offs out there now, with pictures of country boys and other such nonsense, which ruins the message, that natives fought against the invading terrorists, people who came raped,tortured and destroyed entire groups of people

Quote:
That's the original Department of homeland security.

that has been around for YEARS, when it first came out we got them at powwows and everyone wore them it wasn't until recently you're seeing people use them.

You realize it's natives fighting against white invaders right?

now I think there are rip offs out there now, with pictures of country boys and other such nonsense, which ruins the message, that natives fought against the invading terrorists, people who came raped,tortured and destroyed entire groups of people

Yes i know exactly what it is and what it means,i know the lady that first came out with it.And yes i have seen the knockoffs
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom