Albendazole 25% vs 11.36%

kurka0

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 1, 2016
Panama
Hello there!
Albendazole question here.

I took my girl to the vet and they tested her for worms, results came negative but 2 weeks later I found some white threadlike stuff moving in her poops.

I have spend more than $100 in vets with no result in the worms fields, so I'm in my own now (and scared)

I read about albendazole and garlic but my question here is about albendazole. I didn't find Valbazen which has albendazole 11.36%, I found instead Albendaven but it has albendazole micronized 25%.

Is albendazole different to albendazole micronized?
If the albendazole I found is 25%, does it means that I have to give my girls half of the normal dosis? (1/2 cc for large breed)

Thank you all!

Hello there!
Albendazole question here.

I took my girl to the vet and they tested her for worms, results came negative but 2 weeks later I found some white threadlike stuff moving in her poops.

I have spend more than $100 in vets with no result in the worms fields, so I'm in my own now (and scared)

I read about albendazole and garlic but my question here is about albendazole. I didn't find Valbazen which has albendazole 11.36%, I found instead Albendaven but it has albendazole micronized 25%.

Is albendazole different to albendazole micronized?
If the albendazole I found is 25%, does it means that I have to give my girls half of the normal dosis? (1/2 cc for large breed)

Thank you all!
Albendazole is one of those worming products where the type of worm you are dealing with alters the dosage, much like Flubendazole based products.
The recommended starting dose is 5mg per kilo of bodyweight.
10mg was found to be effective for all but tapeworm.
It seems you are aware of this but it's the amount of active ingredient you go by, not the nett powder weight.

If you can, post a photo of the worms. We'd like to see exactly what you're dealing with.
When worms are excreted they are either dead or dying because they cannot survive outside their host.

I'll get a photo oor video as soon as I see it again. I checked the morning poops which normally come with the worms but I didn't find any. I'll keep checking!

Albendazole is one of those worming products where the type of worm you are dealing with alters the dosage, much like Flubendazole based products.
The recommended starting dose is 5mg per kilo of bodyweight.
10mg was found to be effective for all but tapeworm.
It seems you are aware of this but it's the amount of active ingredient you go by, not the nett powder weight.

Yes, I read about it. If you are dealing with tapeworms you should double the dosis. According to the book I have (the chicken health handbook) the dosage I used kills tapeworms.

But what do you mean with "it's the amount of active ingredient you go by, not the nett powder weight"? I'm not following you.

Back
Top Bottom