Alchemist Farm Azure Egger female or something else?

chillismom

Songster
Jun 28, 2020
Wondering if anyone can help me figure out what’s going on with my azure egger Megan I got from Alchemist Farm. I paid to get a female since I’m not able to accommodate a roo in my area. Franchesca of Alchemist Farm is very knowledgeable and this is her autosexing breed she created over time so I am sure Megan is a female like she said but I’m having my doubts 🤣 She’s 8 weeks old minimum, probably more like 10, she isn’t crowing but she’s had this pink and red comb and wattle for weeks now that just sort of popped out and hasn’t grown since. That along with her physique that looks more like a roadrunner or a pheasant makes me wonder if any of you got AE’s from Alchemist this year and could maybe share how yours are growing so I can compare? I’d email Franchesca but I was already a little overbearing with my questions and even asked her to do her best to pick out a female welsummer for me (which is obv straight run) and it turns out she did, Nicki is visibly a pullet at this point!
TLDR: What do you think is happening with this special bird? Did I get an azure egger pullet, a roadrunner or a roo by mistake? Thanks!
4754E8AC-0C00-4B1F-A6DD-44CBBC027C92.jpeg
EC4EA8C0-29B8-421B-A6F3-B929FE30915E.jpeg
9251031B-801D-4040-B83E-51B77D72A1EC.jpeg

Thank you so much, this clears it up! So I just have a fast developer with a roadrunner vibe
I'm not sure what breeds are used to create Azure eggers beyond cream Legbars, but maybe some roadrunner like breed is used. I like the way she looks, myself. And, like many of us, I'm sure she'll fill out with age.

I'm not sure what breeds are used to create Azure eggers beyond cream Legbars, but maybe some roadrunner like breed is used. I like the way she looks, myself. And, like many of us, I'm sure she'll fill out with age.
Yeah I believe the azure eggers were bred from cream legbars, welsummers, and sage eggers (which look a lot like cream legbars to me as well.) Now that I know she’s a female I can be easy about her unusual roadrunner look! We love a chick who stands out

I really appreciate the post, because a month ago I got two Azure Eggers and three straight run Seramas from Franchesca, and unfortunately I hit the rooster jackpot with the Seramas (which I’m now trying to rehome).

So if my “for-sure” pullets popped red combs in a few weeks and I wasn’t prepared I think I might scream.

meanwhile if you know anyone in the area who’s excited to have a Serama roo or three...please send them my way! 😂🤣😭

I really appreciate the post, because a month ago I got two Azure Eggers and three straight run Seramas from Franchesca, and unfortunately I hit the rooster jackpot with the Seramas (which I’m now trying to rehome).

So if my “for-sure” pullets popped red combs in a few weeks and I wasn’t prepared I think I might scream.

meanwhile if you know anyone in the area who’s excited to have a Serama roo or three...please send them my way! 😂🤣😭
Oh nooooo and the seramas are so cute! I’ll ask around, I have friends who live further out on farms and my half sister in Sebastopol has been talking about possibly wanting to start a flock.
But yeah... the combs may pop out! Megan’s came in way early and was basically pink from the start

Yeah I got 4 seramas and two silkies from her about 5 weeks ago and it's looking like I have 5 roos! 3 seramas already have that reddish comb i feared and my two silkies are very skittish, tall, and no fluffy head (roo vibes). I'm so sad honestly because I drove 6 hours round trip for them, but I do have to say the farm and birds are beautiful! Very nice people too😊

Back
Top Bottom