Algae growth in water

MikeTheGardener

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 3, 2014
New Jersey
I have no doubt I am not alone when I ask this question and that it has been asked before ... so if it has I apologize in advance ... I use a 5 gallon watering container for my girls, and I notice that it gets algae build up ... what would you recommend that I do to "combat" this issue?

welcome-byc.gif

This is what I use and have read many posts recommending it here as well.
I also change the water frequently and do a scrub out on the water dishes with good ole dish soap once a week.

http://bragg.com/products/bragg-organic-apple-cider-vinegar.html

1 tablespoon to the gallon works well and will not harm the chickens. It is actually good for them.
I do not use the distilled or filtered vinegar since the "mother" is what is needed.

I hope this helps.

Babs

I use apple cider vinegar. Don't have any issues other than random grass being kicked in

I have no doubt I am not alone when I ask this question and that it has been asked before ... so if it has I apologize in advance ... I use a 5 gallon watering container for my girls, and I notice that it gets algae build up ... what would you recommend that I do to "combat" this issue?
Are you using a Plastic or Galvanized watering container?

If your using a Galvanized watering container don't use Apple Cider Vinegar in it.

Back
Top Bottom