Alice was a bad girl tonight....

Oliver Douglas

Songster
Mar 25, 2015
Came home after a three day vacation, son was tending the chickens. Went out to get them from the tractor...two entered the coop, one had to be "motivated" by picking her up, and of course she screamed like a banshee. When I went for Alice, all I got was her tail, and let her go...she ran around the coop, and wouldn't let me near her. Well, I had had enough. I locked her out of the coop and stood back while the others bedded down for the night. She began circling the coop, making some of the strangest sounds I ever heard, like oh, oh, oh. She jumped up on the coop, and began her first clucking EVER. Then jumped back down, and listened to the others taking their places to sleep. I watched for about ten minutes, and once I figured the others weren't going to come out, opened the door to the coop. Still had to chase her around a bit before she got in. She is the Alpha hen only because our rooster has picked her as his favorite...but he will be going once he crows...then the other two will put her in her place pretty quick.

Back
Top Bottom