Alive or dead...?

Gabz

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 3, 2013
Is my abandoned duck egg alive or dead? It was moving just a few days ago now I see no movement nothing had changed expect now I have heat lamp on thinking it got to cold but it's not cold. Please help..

Attachments

• 20200609_022553.jpg
    20200609_022553.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200609_022626.jpg
    20200609_022626.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200609_022631.jpg
    20200609_022631.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200609_022651.jpg
    20200609_022651.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 11
I was at the park and he was on the sidewalk. We then went back to our car and waited over an hour with nothing around it we then took it. We had it for almost three weeks and had movement till three days ago. We kept it warm and it seemed to be living. What could've we done wrong? My daughter is crushed.

I was at the park and he was on the sidewalk. We then went back to our car and waited over an hour with nothing around it we then took it. We had it for almost three weeks and had movement till three days ago. We kept it warm and it seemed to be living. What could've we done wrong? My daughter is crushed.
The temp was around 98 degrees

Oh no! :( Several parameters that need to be right for a duck to emerge, like temp, humidity, turning, air flow. Its hard to determine which one it is, or a combination. You did your best and gave the little guy a chance he otherwise wouldn't have had.

Oh no! :( Several parameters that need to be right for a duck to emerge, like temp, humidity, turning, air flow. Its hard to determine which one it is, or a combination. You did your best and gave the little guy a chance he otherwise wouldn't have had.
I

We just don't know. The only thing we didn't know about was the misting. We REALLY tried and I know it sounds silly but really wanted and already loved him. We had ducks in Ohio and moved up to Michigan and now we are finally able to have them. We are looking to get a black east indie. We had them in Ohio and spoiled them rotten! We can't find them in Michigan sadly.

We just don't know. The only thing we didn't know about was the misting. We REALLY tried and I know it sounds silly but really wanted and already loved him. We had ducks in Ohio and moved up to Michigan and now we are finally able to have them. We are looking to get a black east indie. We had them in Ohio and spoiled them rotten! We can't find them in Michigan sadly.
Totally get it. It's easy to get attached to those buggers, even before they've hatched. My first duck incubation was a complete disaster, 0 out of 12 from my, at that time, only duck that was as much of a beloved pet as my dog. Heartbreaking and infuriating. Ducks are definitely harder to hatch than chickens.

There's a buy-and-sell forum here, maybe you can try there if you haven't already?

Back
Top Bottom