All bad eggs!?

I agree with the led flashlights, but I have the best luck with a little pocket one. I had no luck at all when I made my own candler with a bulb and a box. I wrap my hand around it to block most of the light and slowly look at the egg from all angles if I don't see veins right away being careful not to spin it too fast. I wouldn't give up on these eggs yet, though. By day 5 they would look clear like the photo of the fridge egg if they weren't fertile. I am willing to bet my hat that something is growing in the first egg.

Last edited:
Here's a makeshift egg checker that my wife and I use:
• A small shoe box.
• Aluminum Foil.
• Small lamp like is used on a nightstand.
• 40 watt light bulb.
* Cut a home in one end of the shoe box large enough for the socket of the lamp to fit in.
* Cut a hole in the top center of the shoe box approx 1" in dia.
* Line all sides of the interior of the shoe box with aluminum foil (with the shiny side of the foil facing the Inside of the shoe box). Ensure that the hole on the end and top stay open with the foil wrapped through and round the edges of each hole.
* Place the end if the Lamp that the bulb screws into (socket) through the hole that was cut at the end of the shoe box.
* Screw in the 40 watt bulb.
• Place the foil covered lid on the shoe box.
• In a dark area place the egg that needs checking, pointed side down over the 1" hole that was cut in the top of the box.
• Turn on the lamp.
• You should be able to see the inside of the egg completely. The veins will be obvious, if there's any there.
Anything that I post on here us tried and true. Things that we have learned throughout the years.

Veining is more difficult to see on darker eggs...but the OP didn't say what color the egg is. That is why it is sometimes better to wait longer for the dark colors.

They are all different colors, light green, light brown and brown, candling looks all the same.

Day seven and I just candled a random one and I saw an embyro moving!!!

Back
Top Bottom