All because you guys......

Aaron nassery

Songster
Jan 14, 2021
Finally, I have been trying to get some pigeon eggs to start the embryonic process. It’s been like 5 months of messing up, waiting for eggs to be layed, then messing up again. I read your guys posts and Information and it’s such a great feeling when you see that little heart beat! You guys are the best! Check out my quail and pigeon eggs! It’s all because if you guys/girls!

Attachments

• B64988EA-8F95-409A-8F85-7DDDF5680F95.jpeg
    B64988EA-8F95-409A-8F85-7DDDF5680F95.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 2
Your quail eggs are fine. Your pigeon eggs, don't expect much success. :old They are not like chickens, and quail. Pigeon hatch squabs. Both parents feed the baby for almost 1 month. Usually 2 at a time.
Reading your post, I assume you are new to pigeons. Read some more about raising pigeons, and you will have a better understanding why they need to be raise by mom and dad pigeon.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome

Well I own a bunch of pigeons and take care of them when they are abandoned by their parents. I have pigeon formula and I have raised about 24 baby pigeons on this brand. The youngest I’ve ever raised was about 1 day old and was abandoned because a hawk freaked the parents out even though they are in a very safe and large cage they abandoned two squabs. One was about 3 days and the other was about 26 hours old but both are fine and now healthy adults. I just have never hatched their eggs when they were abandoned or if some of them were laid in weird place and there was no pigeons to take care of it. So I have lots of experience with pigeons just not the hatching of their eggs. Own about 55 pigeons.

but I do thank you for the information and your help. I’ll definitely be remembering that.

Wish you would have included this info in your original post. This way my response would not have the tone of scolding you. :old :gig
You can join a large group of pigeon peeps on the https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/pigeons-and-doves.52/ forum. Since you are knowledgeable on feeding squabs, your input would be greatly appreciated there.:thumbsup

I didn’t take it as scolding In anyway! I absolutely understand where your coming from. You’re absolutely right. I should have included that in my post. I hope you didn’t think of anything in my comment as being sarcastic. I would love to join the pigeon and dove group! I’m glad you brought that to my attention. Thank you bud.

Back
Top Bottom