All Drake Flock Talks! šŸ˜Š

TinaandJohnny

Chirping
Aug 23, 2022
Does anyone, who has all drake flocks, want to chat? Give each other some tips about having drake flocks?
Hello, I am new to the all drake flock. I hatched out my two boys July 30th. Indian Runners. They are my sweet babies, they love me devotedly, follow me around everywhere. I am considering getting another one in the future giving the right circumstances.
What are some ā€œdo and dontsā€ for having an all male flock?
What are some things I can expect?
Fighting?
Can i get different breeds of Drakes or should I stick with Indian Runners.
Thanks everyone! Let me know on some insight!!

hey! i have 3 drakes (two are almost 4, and one just turned 3)

different breeds are fine together as long as the size difference isn't too much (so do not get a breed like mallards or calls)

gonna pay attention to this thread cuz my two ducks turned out to be drakes and are getting slightly more aggressive towards each otherā€¦ Iā€™ll probably find this thread very useful lol

hey! i have 3 drakes (two are almost 4, and one just turned 3)

different breeds are fine together as long as the size difference isn't too much (so do not get a breed like mallards or calls)
Thatā€™s what I was thinking too. I almost got some call drakes but realized how tiny they are! Iā€™ll keep that in mind for sure when I get them a couple of buddies!

gonna pay attention to this thread cuz my two ducks turned out to be drakes and are getting slightly more aggressive towards each otherā€¦ Iā€™ll probably find this thread very useful lol
Ohh yeah! Did you hatch them or pick them out? I originally got 6 eggs to hatch and only two were fertile, which hatched perfectly and ended up being my boys. Are they fighting a lot and how old are they? My boys have fought a couple of times, but mostly just pulling their chins in and trying to charge each other.

Since these are your first I would highly recommend keeping a careful eye on them come spring time. I have had Drake's together and they went from best friends to attacking each other (actually drawing blood and ripping each other apart) once those hormones kick into full gear. It doesn't always happen, but it is a possibility that needs to be monitored.

Since these are your first I would highly recommend keeping a careful eye on them come spring time. I have had Drake's together and they went from best friends to attacking each other (actually drawing blood and ripping each other apart) once those hormones kick into full gear. It doesn't always happen, but it is a possibility that needs to be monitored.
Yes that is a good idea! See how they are next spring before I add a new guy to their flock. Does it usually last only during breeding season or do they attack each other all year?

Back
Top Bottom