All Dual Purpose Breeds!!!! Ends 3-15

laceynoelle

I am Batman
12 Years
Nov 12, 2009
Reno
I know you all have one of those big ole hens or roosters around the yard that are a dual purpose chick!! Everyone has to have at least one! These are the RIR, the rocks, the orpingtons, the wyandottes, etc. Show your average farm birds off!!

You need to incude:
1. Breed (or mixes, or course!)
2. Age
3. Name
4. Any extra info you want. Why is this the best DP breed? Is the rooster a local hero? Did the hen go broody three times a year, every year? Just an awesome little fact that makes this DP bird special.

Have Fun!!!

36026_byc_09_130.jpg

Barred Rock
Deceased
Olive
The Sweet One

36026_byc_09_121.jpg

Barred Rock
11 months
Peanut
The Escape Artist

36026_6534579_206.jpg

Barred Rock
11 Months
Cocoa
Eggscelent Layer

36026_6534579_241.jpg

Rhode Island Red
9 months(ish)
Meg
Great Layer, Loudmouth

36026_6534579_153.jpg

Rhode Island Red
9 months
Nut (sister of Meg, Get It? Nut-Meg
lol.png
)
Demon, Evil, Loudmouth, Crows Like A Rooster, Evil, Getting Rid of Her today, Did I mention EVIL?

Quote:
They are considered ornamental purpose of the Asiatic class from what I seen.

ohhhhhhhhhh. Too bad.

Yep
sad.png
But, you could still enter your Easter Egger, and Orpington!

As for my daul-purpose monsters

Roxy
White Rock
1 year old hen
F.F (fun fact) I got her from another BYC member, and she likes to fly over the fence, head down to the local gas station, and follow people to their cars begging for snacks. Thus, now she is penned, and the ladies that work at the gas-station miss her.
23433_roxys.jpg

Sweet Pea
Buff Brahma
Under a year
F.F - I have four buff-brahmas, they all look and act the same, so I call them sweet pea, or honey bee. One though has a massive tummy.
23433_buffbrahma.jpg

Posy
Dark Brahma
Under a year
F.F- named after my favorite hen of all time, and is super sweet, and a great layer.
23433_dbrahmahen.jpg

Harmony
White Rock
4-5 years old
F.F- She is one naughty chicken, always in your way no matter what. Trying to clean the coop, she is standing on your shovel, try to close the gate and she is squeezing out.
23433_snowharm1.jpg

Lilliana
Easter Egger
Under a year
F.F- My wild hen, this girl is big, but she can still get up a tree no problem.
23433_lilliantree.jpg

And what's a contest without the fairest of the all:gig
Mrs. Dorthy
Turken
2 years
F.F- no denying this girl is not eye candy, but she has a heart of gold. She is so sweet, and curious that even though we bought the group of hens for butchering, we had to keep her. Even my sister, who seems to likely only pretty chickens, took a liking to her, and named her Dorthy.
23433_chickens_610.jpg

Last edited:
Buff orpington
At least 1 year old
We got her as a 4 month old chicken, but it took her 3 months to start laying again.
45995_100_0497.jpg

I would put my easter egger in, but she's a bit skiddish and doesn't like the camera

How about some Salmon Faverolles.
Mr Fabulous
Salmon Favorolle
Six Months
Seems to keep control of the flock and is a good Rooster. He does have to continually defend his position as Master.

40058_100_1667.jpg

Here is Rose and Panic Peach's.
Salmon Faverolle.
Six months old.
Peach's will panic at the drop of a Hat or anything else.

40058_100_1624.jpg

Breed: Buff Orpington
Name: Spok
The single best rooster in the world! He is a real gentleman; he is good to his hens and loves to be held and pet and hand-fed . . . He has three good-natured sons and one nasty daughter.

30030_hannahs_pictures_013.jpg

Back
Top Bottom