All New Members Come Here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All..

We did introduce ourselves a bit when we first signed up but today is a special day. TODAY IS THE DAY WE finally GET OUR BIRDS! 4 hens.. not sure what breed yet. We get to meet them in an hour or so. We are picking them up from a friends farm.
We Just wanted to say hello and how excited we are to get started. I am sure we will be back with many questions and some input.

YIPPEE!

thumbsup.gif
sounds like fun hope you get them have a save trip and
welcome-byc.gif

Hello All..

We did introduce ourselves a bit when we first signed up but today is a special day. TODAY IS THE DAY WE finally GET OUR BIRDS! 4 hens.. not sure what breed yet. We get to meet them in an hour or so. We are picking them up from a friends farm.
We Just wanted to say hello and how excited we are to get started. I am sure we will be back with many questions and some input.

YIPPEE!
yay !!! good for you :) good luck to ya and have fun :) :)

Hello, I am new to this site and to owning chickens.. well and baby geese (they will arrive later next week along with 4 more chicks, I'm really excited). We got some baby chicks (7) from a nearby town a couple of weeks ago and put them in a large Rubbermaid tote with wood shavings, food, water and a stick to roost on if they wanted to, oh and a heat lamp. I did allot of research on line (mostly this site), and I think I got a good starting point. We did lose one chick when we put them into the play yard for exercise and a neighbors cat got in and killed one before i could rescue it. (Really sad) We constructed a new top that is not as easy to get into to.
We have converted our small shed (6'.3" X 8'.5") into a chicken coop and rabbit home. This past weekend we sealed the concrete floor and put down linoleum so the clean up would be a bit easier. I have a closet rod that we are using for a roosting bar with the brackets and i have 2 little chicks using it now... they are about 2 months old and so cute nestled together on the bar under the lamp. I work all day and my son (15 1/2 yrs old) is in school so they are alone in the newly revised coop all day with the rabbits (in cages not running loose). The only thing I regret is that I don't get to spend as much time as i would like with them, they are still really scared of me and run away flapping their wings like their little lives depend on it. I do not know what breed of chickens they are except one (tan bantam) or even if they are males or females. They are not even the same age, i have one that is much larger then the rest and one that is way smaller, but i love them all.
I am sure somewhere down the line i'll have some questions but for now I just wanted to say HI!

Hi I'm new to the site, and to chickens! We have had our chickens for about 3 months an what an adventure. I love it!

We just got 4 turkeys last week... And they are completely different!

What a crazy life, I can't wait to see every day what's going on with them all.

Hello, I am new to this site and to owning chickens.. well and baby geese (they will arrive later next week along with 4 more chicks, I'm really excited). We got some baby chicks (7) from a nearby town a couple of weeks ago and put them in a large Rubbermaid tote with wood shavings, food, water and a stick to roost on if they wanted to, oh and a heat lamp. I did allot of research on line (mostly this site), and I think I got a good starting point. We did lose one chick when we put them into the play yard for exercise and a neighbors cat got in and killed one before i could rescue it. (Really sad) We constructed a new top that is not as easy to get into to.
We have converted our small shed (6'.3" X 8'.5") into a chicken coop and rabbit home. This past weekend we sealed the concrete floor and put down linoleum so the clean up would be a bit easier. I have a closet rod that we are using for a roosting bar with the brackets and i have 2 little chicks using it now... they are about 2 months old and so cute nestled together on the bar under the lamp. I work all day and my son (15 1/2 yrs old) is in school so they are alone in the newly revised coop all day with the rabbits (in cages not running loose). The only thing I regret is that I don't get to spend as much time as i would like with them, they are still really scared of me and run away flapping their wings like their little lives depend on it. I do not know what breed of chickens they are except one (tan bantam) or even if they are males or females. They are not even the same age, i have one that is much larger then the rest and one that is way smaller, but i love them all.
I am sure somewhere down the line i'll have some questions but for now I just wanted to say HI!
Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Sorry to hear about your chick
hugs.gif
You must post individual pics of your chicks in the What Breed Or Gender is This? section when they are a bit older, so we can have a go at identifying the breeds and sexing them. If you want them tame you must sit in the coop with them, talk to them (my chickens love it when I "baby talk" to them) and offer them treats like mealworms. Encourage them to eat from your hands. Enjoy the site!

Forgot to add: I love your avatar!

Last edited:
Hi I'm new to the site, and to chickens! We have had our chickens for about 3 months an what an adventure. I love it!
We just got 4 turkeys last week... And they are completely different!
What a crazy life, I can't wait to see every day what's going on with them all.
Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
You must go say Hi in the Turkeys section. We have quite a few turkey owners here as well. Enjoy the site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom