All our babies roosting

jandmeg07

Songster
11 Years
May 30, 2008
Cheboygan, MI
These are our 2 wk. olds roosting on the side of their brooder. We put a roost in the brooder for them, but apparently it wasn't high enough for our brave babies. I just thought they were soo cute, that I wanted to share. Three of our girls have been roosting like this for days, but finally our roo and other girl figured it out so they could all snuggle up together. (They also like to jump over to the ducklings brooder and harrass them...I think the wing power is going to their heads a little. LOL)
11164_dsc00430.jpg
[/img]

11164_dsc00428.jpg

I think it is good to let them roost, so that when they are bigger, they are more likely to roost and not huddle on the floor of the coop. Mine are seven weeks old and only four of the ten are roosting in the coop at night.

My 3 week old 70 some odd chicks were roosting on anything they could find so when I started putting them out in the coop during the day I made them a ladder that goes up to 2 1/2 ft with the lowest being 8" off the ground. No one sits on the lowest step. They all vie for the top!
They certainly try to act like grown up hens most of the time but the playing and silly games gives them away! They are still little chicks to me!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom