All "R" Farms...

trampswife

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 3, 2014
Hey! I have been lurking on the forums for quite some time. I realized a few months ago that every time I googled about my chickies and my duckies that I ended up in a BYC forum. So, in order to actually ask questions and learn, I guess it is about time to come out of the coop and introduce myself...

I'm trampswife (yes, my husband really is Tramp) and we are just starting our little hobby farm on a couple of acres. We currently have 5 dairy goats, 8 hens of various breeds, 2 ducks (a Cayuga and an Runner), a Labrador Retreater, 3 cats, 3 kids and a LOT of weeds to contend with.

Thanks for all the good information and the great ideas in getting our farm up and running.

~Trampswife
D.gif

Thanks all! I'm utterly Chick-addicted. My DH laughs at me because the first thing I do when I get home from work is check on my chickies and duckies. I should probably change out of my heels before I walk back there, but the girls just come running when I get home. The boys (my ducks) waddle along slower, but chatter the whole time. They are totally stress relief for me!

~Trampswife

Chickens are SO addicting! All poultry are! Don't know why that is. But yeah, I think I pay more attention to my poultry than I do my own family!!
gig.gif

Chickens are SO addicting! All poultry are! Don't know why that is. But yeah, I think I pay more attention to my poultry than I do my own family!!
gig.gif
Probably because the poultry doesn't talk back. With 2 teens in my house, I need all the uninterupted chicken time I can get...

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) I'm a chicken person and don't know much about ducks (although I've had a few), but I have to admit that ducklings are the ultimate in cute. If you need to get in touch with our duck experts, just post on our duck section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of hens do you have?

Thanks all! I'm utterly Chick-addicted. My DH laughs at me because the first thing I do when I get home from work is check on my chickies and duckies. I should probably change out of my heels before I walk back there, but the girls just come running when I get home. The boys (my ducks) waddle along slower, but chatter the whole time. They are totally stress relief for me!

~Trampswife

Yes chickens can be addictive. If you start hatching your own, well that's really addictive.....lol. I am new to chickens just this year. I now own 4 incubators already, I have 10 turkeys, Bourbon Reds, and about 30 chickens, Buff Orpingtons, Silver laced Wyandottes, Rhode Island Reds and Production Reds.
People seem to be very nice and helpful on this web site. I love it. Good luck and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom