All Set for January 4th (Its over...)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by vfem, Dec 14, 2009.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    How exciting, thanks Sonew123! I've put 6 silkie eggs, and 6 unknowns under my 2 broody silkies tonight. So I'm hoping for Jan. 4th to be our hatch date.

I'll be taking pictures as we go... including candling some of them. Anyone else who set today and wants to join in, GREAT... post post post!!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Good luck! [​IMG]

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Happy hatching vibes sent your way! [​IMG]

4. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    cool, they will share my birthday. Capricorns everywhere, yippee [​IMG]

5. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG] Good luck & Happy hatching vibes!

6. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I'm thinking of breaking down and candling tomorrow! [​IMG] I'm so impatient!

I will take photos or video for sure... I did that with my duck eggs and the pictures came our fantastic.

I will post the chicken picks here... and we'll also take bets on which ones you think will hatch and which may not.

I got a super fun mix, and so far my 2 silkies are still sitting on all 12. [​IMG]

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I feel like Im pregnant for quads with all my eggs out there hatching! I have 25 in bator as of yesterday! I cant wait to see pictures-I know how hard it is not to candle I forgot you had the eggs under actual fluffy butts incubating-now thats a test to not touch!!!

Heres the thread with pictures of our babies on page 11-silkie babies pictures too!!!! https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=271180&p=11

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  8. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I simply take 3-4 inside to candle at a time. My silkies are very patient with me. I'm like the trusted midwife!

9. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:ooh is it dark in the coop? bring the candeler out there???

10. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:ooh is it dark in the coop? bring the candeler out there???

Oh I've done that at night right by the nesting boxes since I have outside access to the nesting boxes. This is our coop:
    [​IMG]
    Backside with the nesting box:
    [​IMG]

So its odd trying to get in it!? Anyways... I need to bring them into our upstairs bathroom during the day with no windows, and I set them in a tube I have on top of a flash light to get them to stay still long enough to photograph them. CRAZY.... but it gets for some very detailed shots.

I gotta find the link to the video I have on youtube.com of the duck eggs I did. You can see everything perfectly!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by