All the cute little chickies šŸ£

Tumbleweedlynn

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Sep 5, 2022
Central New Mexico
I ordered 25 chicks from Murray McMurray, Annā€™s there were all dead on arrival. I replaced order was made, and they arrived all dead but for 5, with two going fast. Of course, chicks are now out to august. What a crappy hatchery, they didnā€™t offer to put heat packs in the boxes until they ruined the second batch. Got my money back anyway šŸ˜•

It's happening to a lot of hatcheries- Covid made delays in the post office. Probably the reason why Ideal now sells hatching eggs again when they stopped selling them for a long time before Covid. I'm guessing the reason you ordered from a hatchery in Iowa rather than Privett in New Mexico is because you wanted a lower minimum order or breeds that were offered at MM but not Privett.

My friend ordered from MM about 15 years ago and all made it healthy. She was in AZ. McMurray was also hit with Avian flu last year which affected one of their barns so they may have had a smaller flock to restart with which could lead to inbreeding consequences. I think those who live closer to Iowa will certainly have a better outcome.

It's happening to a lot of hatcheries- Covid made delays in the post office. Probably the reason why Ideal now sells hatching eggs again when they stopped selling them for a long time before Covid. I'm guessing the reason you ordered from a hatchery in Iowa rather than Privett in New Mexico is because you wanted a lower minimum order or breeds that were offered at MM but not Privett.

My friend ordered from MM about 15 years ago and all made it healthy. She was in AZ. McMurray was also hit with Avian flu last year which affected one of their barns so they may have had a smaller flock to restart with which could lead to inbreeding consequences. I think those who live closer to Iowa will certainly have a better outcome.
Thank you. I ordered from MM because of the breed selection, but more because of the ship date. I got them early February, where it seemed everyone else was out to August, which is now the case with Privett. Live and learn šŸ˜Š

Back
Top Bottom