all who are hatching quail

I have some ebay "jumbos" but they aren't too bad. The hens run 11-12oz and avg egg is somewhere in the 11-12g range. They just grow slowly. I'll probably order some JMF eggs this fall so I have full-sized breeders in the spring.

So I have to correct myself here, I got a new scale and my hens are topping out at 9oz. I will definitely need some JMF birds.

my nine ounce heifers in their sand box.

Sad to hear that. How much do your quail weigh at 3 weeks? Mine are only 4 ounces. Supposed to be from jumbo quail, so why aren't they 6 ounces today??

I cant believe what i discovered when i went down to feed my chickens. .. My Bronze turkey was torn into pieces she was the sweetest. Im going to miss her... i have a feeling it was a raccoon because she was a big girl weighing about 10lbs.time to let my dogs run around at night. .

So sorry about the turkey azer! It looks like the raccoons are on the hunt this past week I don't know if it was the full moon or what but I lost 3 chickens last night!!! I can't believe it! They chewed right through the chicken wire too their run :( well I guess I'm gonna be having some new hats soon....

Chickwatcher1~ my 3 1/2 weeks are 4 ounces and my adults are 6 1/2 ounces but I don't have jumbos, so I can't be of much help.

Back
Top Bottom