all who are hatching quail

Day 14 and just locked down my eggs. I put the eggs on paper towel and filled every water chamber but the humidity is only at 49% (hoping it raises over the next few hours).....Getting excited already :)

ETA: Had to remove the paper towel, no matter what I tried (jar lid with water, wetting the walls) couldn't get humidity above 54%...

Last edited:
We had 4 hatch Today...

Also if you place a moist/damp rag or wash cloth in the bator (depending on how big it is) it should bump 40% up to 60-70%

So the egg towards the bottom with the pip hole in it pipped yesterday or day before and now he's pushing out and pipping more, which is good but I see something sticking out? Any ideas (piece of shell, beak, toe, etc.)

I hope to be getting my first Batch of quail eggs this week. I have preran the bator a few times. I checked on the egg turner. Have my brooders all set. Read all kinds of info on incubating, mostly from YOU guys at BYC. I think I am ready. Just need the eggs.

I hope to be getting my first Batch of quail eggs this week. I have preran the bator a few times. I checked on the egg turner. Have my brooders all set. Read all kinds of info on incubating, mostly from YOU guys at BYC. I think I am ready. Just need the eggs.
What type?

What type?

Cortinux jumbo, and I guess some button. I emailed the hatchery (thought they forgot about me.) they emailed back and said they are going to throw in some button eggs with the order. Real fast response with a great apology letter. It really makes you feel good that they care. It was my first egg purchase.

Cortinux jumbo, and I guess some button. I emailed the hatchery (thought they forgot about me.) they emailed back and said they are going to throw in some button eggs with the order. Real fast response with a great apology letter. It really makes you feel good that they care. It was my first egg purchase.

Coturnix (sorry)

Back
Top Bottom