all who are hatching quail

It's my first time ever hatching quail, and I have 16 eggs in from normal coturnix, white and buff coloured hens. I put them in two days ago. What day should I stop turning them?
You will get a lot of different opinions on this topic, Do it however you feel comfortable. I don't believe there is a magic number, I stop turning day 15, and I don't add any water til I see the first pip. The coturnix I've hatch seemed to hatch on day 16 1/2 to 17. But I'm no expert hatcher, I only have a small styrofoam hovabator and I tweak something each hatch I do.

Good Luck on your first hatch. I know it won't be your last and soon you will be in the incubator anonymous club!
Happy Hatching!

I always flexed around with my foam bator but now that i got my cabinet bator i made everything comes out like clock work i love it :).
Except wen i forgot to turn the light off on hatch day once and it got to like 125 and they all cooked :(
Never again i put one small 25 watt bulb for viewing encase i ever forget to turn the switch off again

I have 30 cpq. This is my first time trying to hatch anything so fingers crossed! Even if one hatches I will be over the moon
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom