all who are hatching quail

No food or water in bator. They have enough yolk in there system to last a couple days. I put them in the brooder once I notice they can walk around fine and are fully dried and fluffed. For me it's usually around 8 hours.

Add more water what incubator are you using?

It's a little giant still air. I am using the automatic turner in it. I just added some little glass cups of water to it also. Hopefully that works. Hate to leave it for 5 days but I had ordered the eggs before hubby informed me we were going on vacation. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

No food or water in bator. They have enough yolk in there system to last a couple days. I put them in the brooder once I notice they can walk around fine and are fully dried and fluffed. For me it's usually around 8 hours.

Do you take the wire floor out of the incubator? Just curious how other people do this part.

I'm jumping on board late here. I have about 100 coturnix that I put in the 7th and another 100 that were put in the 12th! I just hatched out 12 button and about 35 coturnix, but sold 20 of the coturnix and the first 35 that hatch are sold too. I'm hatching out a ton of chicks right now too!

So far 3 out of 17 have hatched and the first one is a little bugger he is going around pecking the other 2. but all three are eating and drinking and run around very fast. I hope more hatch today at 7PM will be day 17

Mikedero, mine did the same thing, but stopped after a few hours... I guess after pecking each other, they figured out that it must hurt. It's just like when a toddler bites. They realize it hurts when another toddler bites them.

Back
Top Bottom