all who are hatching quail

I took out half the eggs 9 of them were rotten and boy did they stink

only 1 had a chick forming but based on what it looked like maybe half way formed. so I left the others in

Just checked the rest of the eggs all rotten. so my rate was 3 hatched, 1 started but died and 22 rotten eggs. lesson learned no more eggs from ebay

I started the fresh eggs I got over the last 5 days (only 10) but I hope these hatch.

I am having a hard time finding local eggs. One person wants 1.00 per egg and another is not ready to sell. I hope by the time these hatch I will

I have a question can you have different sets of eggs meaing started some today, and can I start some next week and so on? all in the same bator? as right nnow I only have 2 hens laying and 3 males. Not sure what the 3 that just hatched are I am hoping all females..

I have 28 coturnix eggs in a Brinsea mini eco incubator I recently bought. Today is day 12, and this is my first time incubating eggs. I bought eggs from a local breeder, picked them myself so no broken or cracked ones that I can see. Hope they hatch! Should be this weekend.
I have 8 coturnix quails in a large pen outside. I will try to hatch some of their eggs next, but it will be only a few at a time. They don't lay many. There are two boys and six girls in the pen and they are now ove a year old. I keep them outside with no artificial light, so they don't lay year round. This weekend I will start building another run for the new birds (if they hatch).

38 eggs (37 coturnix and one random chinese quail egg that I was given) in my incubator and we are on day 12. This is my first attempt. My first incubator fluctuated far too much so I returned it without using it and spend an *extra* 150 to get a better model.. this is turning out much more expensive that I was expecting! but it seems to be a nice incubator with all the bells and whistles. Fingers crossed.

It holds 96 quail eggs so I have a local bird shop saving their quail eggs for me starting from tomorrow, which I buy at 20c each, and hoping to set a full 96 next round with about 1/4 being from my own birds, as many of mine are not mature enough to lay yet. One day I will be filling it!

B

I have a question can you have different sets of eggs meaing started some today, and can I start some next week and so on? all in the same bator? as right nnow I only have 2 hens laying and 3 males. Not sure what the 3 that just hatched are I am hoping all females..

Yes, you can have a staggered hatch. I started coturnix and bobwhites in the same incubator on the same day. I took the coturnix out yesterday and put them in a 'hatcher' (mine is just a spare incubator where I bumped the humidity way up). The bobs have a longer incubation period so they are still in there. If you do a staggered hatch just make sure to mark your eggs very well and when they are due for lockdown, take them out and put them in a hatcher so they don't disturb your developing eggs. :)

Back
Top Bottom