all who are hatching quail

I had another great hatch, 49 healthy chicks, one crooked neck cull and only 3 unhatched eggs. All sold and picked up at 2 days old. Have another 116 eggs in the bator now, with 20 of those already spoken for.
Just moved 95 3 week olds from my big brooder to larger cages. Added 12 6 week old hens and 3 cocks to the breeding pen, and had the extra males for lunch. I love raising quail!!

How do you all monitor your egg progression? does anyone candle these small eggs? or weigh them? or is it more of a set your temps and cross your fingers?

Day 17 and nothing yet :( my 10yo called me all day at work to update me...she is so worried. I told her we still have time...I hope

I candle at day 8 and again just before lock down. I figured out the light on my PDA for camera with a flashlight app works better than any candling light I've tried. Those speckled eggs are hard to see through.

How do you all monitor your egg progression? does anyone candle these small eggs? or weigh them? or is it more of a set your temps and cross your fingers?

I candle around day 8 and at lockdown, remove any clears and put aside any questionable ones at day 8 then remove them at lockdown if look like quitters. I do it really quick and try not to keep a tray out of the bator for more than 15 min. Don't try to see movement or anything like my other eggs just air cell and blackout area.

Back
Top Bottom