all who are hatching quail

First batch in the brooder

Yours are hatching on day 18? I have 10 that hatched on day 16. This my first try at quail and first time incubating.

10/36 so far

Was your humidity high through the incubation? This can make them hatch early. Day 16 is good though I wouldnt worry. I've had many hatch at day 16 since where I am I struggle to keep humidity down.

So I have come to the conclusion the last batch of eggs I purchased were mixed breed even though they were supposed to be pharoahs. They hatched cinnamon and all other Brown tones and now 11 weeks later their first hatch as parents I have a white one. It's like a supprise in every shell.

Yours are hatching on day 18? I have 10 that hatched on day 16. This my first try at quail and first time incubating.

10/36 so far

9 out of 9 hatched. They are now in a shoebox brooder. They all appear happy and running around. Two of them appear to be not able to open their toes on one foot or another. I had to help two out as they were in the egg backwords. I will watch closely the toe situation for the next few hours and help it i need to.

96 eggs went in so far 60 have hatched. First hatch from this group of breeders and its amazing the recessive colors popping out. So far to blond in tone some cinnamon and rosellas I believe will have see for sure in a few weeks what everyone turns out to be. I am concerned with color for my parrots but these guys are for eggs and meat so its kind of fun to be surprised.

My first set ever in the incubator! They should begin hatching out on Saturday. Already had 5 bad eggs. Currently have 38 Coturnix in the bator. Really love this site, I am learning more everyday!! I'm currently looking into growing some grains for my quail and chickens. I also have a handful of guineas. Anybody suggestions on one or two grains that will feed them all?

Try to mix your grains so its more complete. But I grow wheat, millet, black oil sunflower, shalu (Egyptian wheat- which has a fascinating history with quail) and I would like to grow others but this is what I have had luck with in my hot humid locale. I have a hard time with cereal grains here. But I also grow lots of greens and fruits and veggies for my whole mixed flock. As well as raising meal worms. I also have a fodder setuphich they all really enjoy. I still free feed commercial feed to fill any gaps. Since coturnix and chickens have been breed to lay more and grow faster now so they need more nutrients than nature can easily provide. At least that's what the commercial growers say. Mine eat some but not a lot of commercial feed and are just fine. I also growa lot of medicinals for them.

Back
Top Bottom