all who are hatching quail

I would say the most positive experiences were my kids reactions to the chicks hatching. They also love the eggs and the occasional grilled bird. Bad things would include losing chicks. Even though its way better meat than what you can get in the stores, it never is easy putting them down.I have had a couple fly out past me while collecting eggs and feeding, and I couldn't catch them, thats worse than putting them down cause you never know what happened to them.
Injuries also can be bad. Quail are tough though, I have had a couple with broken legs. One of my injured birds was the queen of the pen. The others stayed out of her way.

I would say the most positive experiences were my kids reactions to the chicks hatching. They also love the eggs and the occasional grilled bird. Bad things would include losing chicks. Even though its way better meat than what you can get in the stores, it never is easy putting them down.I have had a couple fly out past me while collecting eggs and feeding, and I couldn't catch them, thats worse than putting them down cause you never know what happened to them.
Injuries also can be bad. Quail are tough though, I have had a couple with broken legs. One of my injured birds was the queen of the pen. The others stayed out of her way.

I'm new at this. I ordered a hovabator which comes with 30 bobwhite eggs. They've been incubating for about 10 days now. I can hardly wait to get some hatchlings! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had only 2 (out of 28) of my quail eggs hatch about a weeks ago. I didn't even get to see them hatch. I just looked in the 'bator, and there they were. The 2 quail with the 2 chicks I hatched at the same time.

The two quail are probably scared they are gonna be dinner. LOL well maybe actually.

I'm going to seperate them soon. They haven't had any issues together, the quail seem to think the chickens are their mama's. They run around under them, and cuddle up under their wings at night. Someone else told me the bigger chicks might "cuddle them to death".

Back
Top Bottom