all who are hatching quail

Me and my two boys have spent today watching these little boogers hatch. 12 Jumbo Brown and 12 Texas a&m in a homemade incubator.

can you only put one batch of eggs in at a time or can you put one weeks then the next and so forth or can you only put one batch at a time ind, wait for them to hatch and then do another?
With only one incubator yeah you can only do one batch at a time. If you have one incubator for turning and one for hatching then you can bring a separate hatch off every week.

I have 100 coturnix eggs on lockdown. should be hatching tomorrow or the next day hopefully. Last batch didn't go so well. I had the incubator too close to the back door I think and too much temperature fluctuation. I moved it into my room so hopefully I get some chicks this time. Thankfully the eggs come from the 50 or so adults I own so they don't cost me anything. I also just got a pair of Red golden pheasants so hopefully I will get some eggs from them this spring.

I've got 200 georgia giants 7 days into incubations...candled this morning and seems to be about 14% infertility. Guessing it's the time of year. I ordered the eggs and they shipped the Friday after Christmas...they were in transit WAY too long...that could be a factor as well.

I've got 200 georgia giants 7 days into incubations...candled this morning and seems to be about 14% infertility. Guessing it's the time of year. I ordered the eggs and they shipped the Friday after Christmas...they were in transit WAY too long...that could be a factor as well.
14% infertility? That's not bad at all for shipped eggs. I'm happy to get 70% out of any shipped eggs.

Back
Top Bottom