all who are hatching quail

I have all kinds of allergies...I know when I have chicks brooding indoors it bothers my eyes, they water alot, and I have gotten a cough. Then when they move to the garage it clears up. Not too bad if they are on paper towels, but it gets alot worse if I have pine shavings in there, or when I have had quail chicks in the house and they start that really active phase, they kick up so much poop dust it get s to me. I tried running an air purifier next to the brooder and that helped some.

I have all kinds of allergies...I know when I have chicks brooding indoors it bothers my eyes, they water alot, and I have gotten a cough. Then when they move to the garage it clears up. Not too bad if they are on paper towels, but it gets alot worse if I have pine shavings in there, or when I have had quail chicks in the house and they start that really active phase, they kick up so much poop dust it get s to me. I tried running an air purifier next to the brooder and that helped some.
I have an air purifier - I might try it for a bit. I'm planning on putting some sand sheets in instead of sawdust for the next few days to try and get their toenails down a bit. They are well sharp and have scratched my hands today.... hope it makes a difference! Failing all this might just have to process all of them at 10 weeks!

Bird flu? Teeheehee
I hope not!!
lol.png

Got my eggs on lock down! 13 chinese painted, and one chicken for good luck, lol. This is my first time raising quail, so hopefully things go smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom