all who are hatching quail

yes i know its early for mountain and bobwhites to be laying but i can assure you mine are. i have heaty lamps on them in there houses because it get to 30 below here, been told that also makes them lay sooner out of the mountain eggs i am sure 5 of the 6 froze only one has developed its due to hatch on the 3rd of Feb and looking very good on candle. out of the 7 bob eggs so far 5 of them showing vein development after 2 days in incubator bobs are laying 1-2 eggs a day right now, mountian quit laying.
Now I understand why they lay, they are with a heat lamp that gives him high temperatures like in the spring or summer.

Why my button quails don't hatched yet? I candled the eggs and all have a chick inside and they don't hatch....

Why my button quails don't hatched yet? I candled the eggs and all have a chick inside and they don't hatch....
They don't just pop out on schedule. There are a lot of factors involved. If you temps were even just a little bit low they will hatch a little bit late. If humidity is too low they can't get out of the shell, etc. etc. just be patient. What day of the incubation cycle are you on?

First hatch attempt of about 30 coturnix eggs. Very nervous! I don't candle as I don't trust myself enough not to make an error that would cost a chick its life (and me a chick!) I'm very worried I had the humidity too high, though. Info I read online on a few quail breeder sites said to have the humidity high at 60-70% throughout, but on BYC threads it seems people are going with a much lower percent until lockdown. No pipping yet. These eggs were not shipped. I picked them up, waited the 24hrs and then set them on the evening of the 9th or 10th (its on the calendar at home...)

The bator is a Farm Innovators circulating air model with egg turner. I didn't have quail rails so we laid them flat in the egg cups that we lined with a bit of cotton ball to prevent them falling through.

Suggestions are welcome for this newbie!
;-)

They don't just pop out on schedule. There are a lot of factors involved. If you temps were even just a little bit low they will hatch a little bit late. If humidity is too low they can't get out of the shell, etc. etc. just be patient. What day of the incubation cycle are you on?
It's very hard to be patient!!!!jajajajaj At midnight They are going to have 17 days in the incubator
I hope tomorrow will hatch.
Thanks

61 and counting

[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom